Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMW 3-series (E90) headlight retrofit. Faux quads w/ Apollo 2 shrouds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW 3-series (E90) headlight retrofit. Faux quads w/ Apollo 2 shrouds.

I picked up a set of OEM halogen headlights from a 2007 BMW 3-series the other day. I had a few shrouds in stock, so I thought I'd try them out. Turns out the Apollo 2 shrouds fit very well. If you trim them properly, they suit the high beam nicely. I'll post more updates as progress is made. Once complete, these will be for sale. Pricing is TBD.

Of note, I found mounting the halos inside the Apollo 2 shroud to be a little challenging. My solution was to use PVC fittings (3" to 4" drain pipe coupling) and machine them down on the lathe. I was able to create a perfect-fitting mounting ring that seats snugly between the 'teeth' and the outer wall of the shroud while holding the 100mm halo in place. I almost don't even need adhesive or wire to secure them. At least this way, if one needed to be replaced or adjusted, it could be done without ruining the halo or shroud.

So what do you think? Any advice or constructive criticism?

Thanks,

Sparksmith

See more pics and info on my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/sparksmiths

0319141712c.jpg0319141605b.jpg0319141615a.jpg0319141627.jpg0319141703e.jpg

you could use thin picture hanging wires to install the halos. I've done that multiple times behind the apollo and other shrouds.
    Works perfectly IMHO

Comment

Working...
    X