Nissan Navara D40/Frontier Retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Navara D40/Frontier Retrofit

hey guys! today its a lovely morning since i got my package from TRS!

Mini D2S 3.0
    Osram CBI

and got 2 shrouds ..ocular and iris because i coudnt decide which could fit better on the truck

this little things cost as much as the projectors lol

anyway thats my truck

and this is the headlight im gonna work with it uses H4 bulb so it would be pnp i think

this is my first retrofit and i want to thank all of you that helped me so far to choose the right stuff to order.
    im starting this thread and i will update it because im waiting the weather to get better before i start!

as you can see the mini d2s 3.0 has a large opening and i think light will escape because the shroud cant cover it..if the iris shroud fail then i will use ocular shroud to cover the light that might glare...fingers crossed because i really dont want to paint my headlight, i like better chrome/oem look!

cant wait to go home and light these up!

tips and help are WELCOME!!!!

If possible, I would highly recommend testing the hotspot of the bulb on the projector before beginning with the install.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Yeah... the Mini D2s 3.0 is still pretty new, I think one guy reported some weird cutoff pattern on his, had to modify it a bit

Comment

Originally posted by sevenism View Post
        Yeah... the Mini D2s 3.0 is still pretty new, I think one guy reported some weird cutoff pattern on his, had to modify it a bit
        do you have a link by chance? i dont remember seeing this.
        Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

We have a Pathfinder at home that needs a set of retros, I'll be following your thread to get an idea of what is needed.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by michael.kozera View Post
            do you have a link by chance? i dont remember seeing this.
            you can see the weird step in the color band in the second post, not actually sure if he fixed it or not

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...First-Retrofit

Comment

hey guys!

so i couldnt resist and wait so i started retrofit and almost done..i think mine have this step on the beam but i dont care its not so obvious..

so

some output shots

baking

testing

on the car testing (car is not on level ground)

right now im waiting for rtv to cure and then i will seal them!

Comment

Looks nice
                1999 LR Discovery II XS 4.0L V8 auto - Halogen

2012 Ford Figo TDCi - E46 projectors - XB35 ballasts - 4300k Bosch D2S bulbs - G37R shrouds - BIXENON stickers - H4 Mori wiring

Comment

+1
                  I'm surprised to see how much the 3" lens and the shroud fills the reflector.

Comment

hey guys! just finished retrofit and pull the truck back together after 24 hours! man this was exhausting for the first time

Originally posted by satrya View Post
                    +1
                    I'm surprised to see how much the 3" lens and the shroud fills the reflector.
                    man you have no idea it takes up the whole headlight look..

left side without airbox

right side

i overall satisfied for my first retrofit BUT i made a rookie mistake.. i didnt trim the bezel enough and the shroud doesnt have room to move and i think i wont be able to use the electric leveling swith anymore..and as you can see i dont have any room to go "down" if the lights aren't positioned correctly..what do you think??

right

left

bummer..if i didnt had this problem everything would be perfect..for me..

Comment

maybe try a shroud with a flat bottom side? like the e46-r

Comment

nice job but i think the rotation is off just a bit, but i could be wrong.. its hard to tell from the angled pic you posted. kinda wished that the morimotos were out when i retroed my 05 pathy but i was pleased with the oem fx35s even though its more work! i used the same shrouds you used lol

Comment

Originally posted by terez View Post
                          nice job but i think the rotation is off just a bit, but i could be wrong.. its hard to tell from the angled pic you posted. kinda wished that the morimotos were out when i retroed my 05 pathy but i was pleased with the oem fx35s even though its more work! i used the same shrouds you used lol
                          thanks man!..no the rotation is spot on cause the h4 adapter plate its in place! the truck is sitting on angled ground thats why you see this! yes iris shrouds is my favorites i like the simplicity!

Comment

I would strongly recommend pointing ballast outputs downwards, not upward like yours

Comment

Originally posted by tgiannak View Post
                              hey guys! just finished retrofit and pull the truck back together after 24 hours! man this was exhausting for the first time
                              Congrats. Now for that second retrofit..

man you have no idea it takes up the whole headlight look..
                              It does look very packed.

i overall satisfied for my first retrofit BUT i made a rookie mistake.. i didnt trim the bezel enough and the shroud doesnt have room to move and i think i wont be able to use the electric leveling swith anymore..and as you can see i dont have any room to go "down" if the lights aren't positioned correctly..what do you think??
                              You might want to drive with it as is for a while and get a better feel how much the alignment needs to be tweaked.

Originally posted by MilosB View Post
                              I would strongly recommend pointing ballast outputs downwards, not upward like yours
                              +1
                              Or add a tent above the ballast wires.

Comment

Working...
                              X