Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06-08 Honda Pilot - BMW X5 LED Foglight Retrofit [Lots of Pix]

This is my 3rd Retrofit, 2008 Honda Pilot SE

Unlike most simple plastic fog. Unfortunately My Foglight is made by Stanley glass lens and cast iron housing. The chrome reflector bowl start reflector bowl is pealing an 1" and the other about 1.5" big.

Tools used: (will add more as the retrofitting goes...)
    Wire Omega Demel
    Dremel EZ406 1 1/2-Inch EZ Lock Rotary Tool Cut-Off Wheel

I might be using either the QX45 with clear lens and 8000k H3 35w pnp, need to mod the fog to stay one with high beam on.

This is how the car looks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sw07tC; January 22nd, 2014, 10:10 AM.

08 Honda Pilot | RX330-AFS + TSX-R, Curve Shield | Osram CBI | Hella Gen 3 | DIY Bosch Relay Harness | X5 LED Fog | SuperFlux DRL

** Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post

Looks like it would fit. You can always heat it up and see if it will separate...

Comment

Reminds me of my dads tl. But his glass cracked on both fogs from from driving on the highway
      AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

So tonight I fire up the QX45 again outside to see how bright it is, to see if I really need to sell it and get the Fusion.
        8000k h3

the second wall is about 70'

It look very close to my low beam now, I think it's going to be a big improvement to combine with my RX-330 that suffer from output that needs to be retune. But I don't have spare headlight so I can't fix my headlight until I pick up a second car in may or june.

I need to find a new clear lens it will looks very close to Fusion with a bit blue and sharper cut off.
        Last edited by Sw07tC; January 22nd, 2014, 10:20 AM.

08 Honda Pilot | RX330-AFS + TSX-R, Curve Shield | Osram CBI | Hella Gen 3 | DIY Bosch Relay Harness | X5 LED Fog | SuperFlux DRL

Comment

gold you can change the title to 06-08 Pilot Fog Light Retrofit [Lots of Pix] and move it to the correct section.
          Thanks buddy!

So I start grinding the fog, it aint fun! I wish they were plastic glass/housing.

Comment

Put some tsx's in there lol

Comment

Originally posted by Thegelman View Post
              Put some tsx's in there lol
              nah, the fog sit too low so TSX will be such a waste. I'll find something similar size to add for the quad in summer, I used TSX in my first retro. Not sure if I should give it a try again..

Comment

Let me know if I can help I have some u can mess with that ill sell for cheap

Comment

Here's the reflector without HID for 115k

I need to pick up some high temp flat black paint to paint the housing, maybe i'm going to go naked without a shroud.
                  Probably going to throw in some DRL Superflux LEDS I just got last week.
                  Last edited by Sw07tC; January 22nd, 2014, 05:15 PM.

Comment

They've seen better days lol
                    AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

How did you seperate the front and back half of the OEM fog? dremel or heat? I'm planning on ES300 in my Odyssey.

Comment

Dremel cut it with Dremel EZ406, It probably take one wheel. If you buy the cheap one that you may break at least half a dozen to cut through the aluminum reflector.
                        Last edited by Sw07tC; January 22nd, 2014, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sw07tC View Post
                          gold you can change the title to 06-08 Pilot Fog Light Retrofit [Lots of Pix] and move it to the correct section.
                          Thanks buddy!
                          Got it! Looking good so far.

Comment

Plan changed a bit as I went to the junk yard for some shopping. I found a new set of foglight that i'll be using instead of the QX45.
                            Here's some teasing output shot, first wall is 25' & second wall is 55'. tested with 8000k hid

QX45 bottom, Audi A6 top

DAT blue!

Comment

Have you seen many of those glass breaking on the road? Reason I ask is that the Tls always break. I just take it apart and put acrylic. Is that something that's in your future?
                              My retrofits
                              http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?44256-92-honda-accord-morimoto-h1

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...nji-Headlights
                              http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ector-retrofit.
                              http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...-turn-retrovan

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ll-LED-project
                              http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...-quad-retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X