Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

honda odyssey quad retrofit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • honda odyssey quad retrofit

    Hi everyone, i've been working on my wife odyssey for the past days in a quad retrofit that i want to share with you, nothing expectacular but it could give an idea for those who want to put bigger projectors in their headlights, i used TL bix, one of the biggest projectors and Pencil beams LS 460 high beam halogen projectors, even bigger than the TLs. What i did was cut the whole back of the headlight housing, made a "floor" out of 16 ga aluminum sheet and made a box out of thinner metal sheet to encase the projectors, originally this was just for looks as the the TLs alone are enough, but the look of a wide headlight with just a projector on the middle and all these empty space on the sides was bothering me, but let me tell you, if the TLs alone works fine, with the pencil beam the lighting is impresive, here some pics

    Back of the housing

    IMG-20130827-00140.jpg

    IMG-20130827-00141.jpg

    Metal "floor"
    IMG-20130827-00142.jpg

    IMG-20130827-00144.jpg

    mocking
    IMG-20130828-00151.jpg
    Last edited by gaby05; December 2nd, 2013, 05:43 PM.

  • #2
    IMG-20130831-00153.jpg

    final housing
    IMG_0008[1].jpg
    Ballast

    IMG_0009[1].jpg
    final "product"
    IMG_0007[1].jpgIMG_0006[1].jpg

    sorry for the quality of the pics but this was with an old Bberry phone, hope this can give an idea for someone who need it

    Comment


    • #3
      excellent work! so when you gonna drop some projectors in the fog lights and make it a Hexa projector setup?
      Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

      Comment


      • #4
        Neat idea for mounting.

        Output shots?
        Anthony
        2011 Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback
        2008 Wrangler Unlimited FX-R Retrofit
        2011 Fiesta Retrofit Number 2

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by michael.kozera View Post
          excellent work! so when you gonna drop some projectors in the fog lights and make it a Hexa projector setup?
          enough destruction for now

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blurred Talon View Post
            Neat idea for mounting.

            Output shots?
            thanks, for output shot my crap camera doesnt distinguish between TLs + CBI and a candle, on wall shots you almost can't see the high beams, but down the road they give a nice hot spot right in the middle of the TL beam, and the throw of these high beams is amazing

            Comment


            • #7
              Killer retro dude would love to see output shots. Also did you put a shroud on them?

              Comment


              • #8
                Nice work. From the pictures, my guess is you can make yaw and roll alignments by adjusting the mounting screws on the custom "floor". But since the front goes through that carbon fiber patterned plate, how does pitch alignment work? (i.e. how do you adjust how much the beam points up or down looking down the road during alignment)
                Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

                3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Thegelman View Post
                  Killer retro dude would love to see output shots. Also did you put a shroud on them?
                  the shrouds are only thin sheet metal with with the opening for the lenses and wraped in carbon fiber , they look better this way and block the light from the back of the projectors

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Any shots of how you closed up and sealed the back of the housings?

                    Originally posted by cthunder
                    The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
                    Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Looks good! Wow you made it seem easy lol. It almost does look like an Acura in that one pic.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by satrya View Post
                        Nice work. From the pictures, my guess is you can make yaw and roll alignments by adjusting the mounting screws on the custom "floor". But since the front goes through that carbon fiber patterned plate, how does pitch alignment work? (i.e. how do you adjust how much the beam points up or down looking down the road during alignment)
                        as the "floor" was perfectly level i didn't have to do any adjustment for my cut offs to get level, for horizontal adjust( left to right) adding washers between the L bracket and the projectors did the trick, for up and down adjustment i used a large bolt between the back of the housing and one of the factory holes on the projectors an using an U washer, the kind that comes when you buy it cheap speakers, only 2 or 3 turns of the bolt give me a very wide range of adjustment, the high beam was fixed the same way but it doesnt have up or down adjustment,it its pointed dead straight and start where the low beam ends, and the "shroud" is divided in two parts, the shroud on the high beam its fixed to the housing, the one for the TLs its fixes to the flat sides that the TL has on the front so the shroud move with the projector, because everything is black or CF you cant see the gaps between the shrouds, you have to put your face righ in front of the headlight to notice any gap or inperfection on the shrouds

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Fstrsn View Post
                          Any shots of how you closed up and sealed the back of the housings?
                          in the pics where you can see the ballast you can see that i used a thin sheet metal and using a 3" tool (dont know how its called)and a drill i made a hole for the ballast and used self drill screws to atach the back panel, also in that pic you can see the center bolt that is used for up and down adjustment,all the unions between the metal are sealed with clear silicone, and between the metal box and the oem plastic housing i use the spray foam in a can that you can buy on a hardware store and then cut it so it look flat on all sides, also i added weather strip foam between the back panel end the box, everything its sealed except the grommet where the cables goes and a little hole i left on purpose for breathing

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by gaby05 View Post
                            in the pics where you can see the ballast you can see that i used a thin sheet metal and using a 3" tool (dont know how its called)and a drill i made a hole for the ballast and used self drill screws to atach the back panel, also in that pic you can see the center bolt that is used for up and down adjustment,all the unions between the metal are sealed with clear silicone, and between the metal box and the oem plastic housing i use the spray foam in a can that you can buy on a hardware store and then cut it so it look flat on all sides, also i added weather strip foam between the back panel end the box, everything its sealed except the grommet where the cables goes and a little hole i left on purpose for breathing
                            I may have to borrow that idea since I had to hack away a good size portion of the back of my housings to fit the quad setup.

                            Originally posted by cthunder
                            The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
                            Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Fstrsn View Post
                              I may have to borrow that idea since I had to hack away a good size portion of the back of my housings to fit the quad setup.
                              thats the purpose of this thread

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X