X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New covering is looking much better

Comment

• Originally posted by satrya View Post

I lean towards mechanical fastening as opposed to surface-to-surface bonding approach. Much easier to remove and re mount imho.

Since the size is quite smaller, there are areas near the foglight opening of the bumper cover that I may be able to use.
      Nothing a heat gun can't solve for removal, lol.

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
      New covering is looking much better
      +1

And, Gold, when the hell do you sleep?!

Originally posted by cthunder
      The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
      Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

Comment

• Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
        New covering is looking much better
        Originally posted by Fstrsn View Post
        +1
        Interesting. I guess my having seen the Prodrive fog cover all these years have biased my opinion towards having something that covers those 3 vent holes.

Nothing a heat gun can't solve for removal, lol.
        True, but I'd be afraid if the adhesive fails due to some temperature &/ humidity cycling

And, Gold, when the hell do you sleep?!
        Have you heard of borg?
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

True, but I'd be afraid if the adhesive fails due to some temperature &/ humidity cycling
          I can assure you that all the temp and humidity cycles won't bother the 3M gray double sided tape the sell at auto parts stores. It holds the eyelids on my headlights.... and won't come off without a heat gun, unless I want to crack the fiberglass eyelids, which I've done.

That's not to say I'm pushing for it, I'm just saying that in the future, as long as your surfaces are clean and oil free, the stuff does it's job well. I prefer hardware to adhesives though.
          Originally posted by Bitter
          They're literally flying canoes with boxer engines packed full of Molotov cocktails that rely on tampons and $10 screws to stay in the air and not kill you.

Comment

• ^
            I see. I've only used automotive grade double sided tape as a secondary insurance, not a primary means of fastening. Maybe I'll add double sided tape for this project as well.

Comment

• lol, I am not Borg, I get 2-3 hours of sleep a night during the week, then catch up on Saturday with like 10 hours lol

The 3M tape automotive tape is really good, it is used professionally to hold on lip kit pieces, window visors, spoilers, etc.

Comment

lol, I am not Borg, I get 2-3 hours of sleep a night during the week, then catch up on Saturday with like 10 hours lol
                Some sleep does not equate to not Borg btw

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                The 3M tape automotive tape is really good, it is used professionally to hold on lip kit pieces, window visors, spoilers, etc.
                I've heard that, but never felt like taking the gamble myself. Lip spoiler might be ok, I guess, but not bigger ones.

Comment

• lol, yeah even the Borg "sleep" AKA regenerate

Comment

lol, yeah even the Borg "sleep" AKA regenerate
                    Don't tell me you have a hive to dock to...

Comment

Don't tell me you have a hive to dock to...
                      why, u jelly? lol

Comment

why, u jelly? lol
                        jelliousity is irrelevant
                        it's a matter of differentiating between a single living being and a potential community to assimilate

Comment

jelliousity is irrelevant
                          it's a matter of differentiating between a single living being and a potential community to assimilate
                          It's too late, I have already assimilated all of you into my collective.

Comment

• Meanwhile, in the Borg collective ...

Bracket for securing the upper tabs to the cover:

Two screws for each tab:

The other side interferes with the white bar, so it needs to be trimmed for the nut to come through:

Comment

• ^^^ wow no way, you seriously trimmed it like that? wow lol

Comment

• This is crazy, now I just need to order a second set of fog housings for my truck so I can compete in quad fogness haha.
                                '04 Silverado 2500HD CCSB
                                Awaiting a Proper HID retrofit (RX350)
                                '00 Corvette 6spd; FBO LQ9, FX-R 3.0 on 50w
                                '94 Camaro LQ4/4L80e Swap; WR
                                '93 W/T 1500 RCLB LQ4/4L80e Swap; Sealed 6

Comment

Working...
                                X