• satrya
    replied
    Originally posted by lowfat View Post
    Images not showing up for me.
    Originally posted by csjoh View Post
    Me neither...
    Originally posted by nine44 View Post
    He said he was done the 2 year long retro and broke the Internet obviously

Odd. The images are hosted in the same folder in google photos. I re-copy-pasted the link, and it seems to be slightly different now. Hopefully it works.

Leave a comment:

• nine44
    replied
    He said he was done the 2 year long retro and broke the Internet obviously

Leave a comment:

• csjoh
    replied
    Me neither...

Leave a comment:

• lowfat
    replied
    Images not showing up for me.

Leave a comment:

• satrya
    replied
    Finished

Done; for now.

Aux city light:

Aux turn signal:

Halogen fogs & aux city light:
    Last edited by satrya; September 6th, 2015, 10:37 PM. Reason: Fixed incorrect links (not sure why)

Leave a comment:

• satrya
    replied
    I'll just call the retro "Rudolph" [emoji14]
    Indeed

Leave a comment:

• csjoh
    replied
    I'll just call the retro "Rudolph" [emoji14]

Leave a comment:

• satrya
    replied
    It has to... winter is coming!
    You can always line up several reindeers to pull the galant; they have better night vision than humans I hope

Leave a comment:

• csjoh
    replied
    It has to... winter is coming!

Leave a comment:

• satrya
    replied
    The MDX project is on hold for the time being, due to too many other things going on.
    Hopefully your quad retro gets resolved.

Leave a comment:

• satrya
    replied
    Originally posted by 06BlkMax View Post
    Output shots?
    Output shots are overrated

These are not with rebased HID bulbs btw, as I wanted to use them as real inclement weather foglgihts. They run basic 55W h3 halogen bulbs. The Micro DE looks like this:

The OE 7" halogen reflector fog (with the same bulb spec) looks like this under the same camera setting (also only one side):

Unfortunately the Micro DE has a bit more foreground.

Leave a comment:

• csjoh
    replied
    Originally posted by satrya View Post
    Thx.

I already have parts lined up for the tail light. It may be another 2 year project. Main objective should be to add an aux reverse light for backing into enclosed areas in broad daylight (where everything but the enclosed area is blindingly bright, but the enclosed area is relatively pitch black). This will be another non-HID project; and hopefully the function over form won't make it HIDeous.

After that, is probably the headlights (version 3; HID + LED), and then foglights (version 2; halogen + LED). Just keep on rotating.

How's the Galant - MDX project? Winter's coming up, so I imagine your boating activities will decrease quite a bit soon.

On an unrelated note; I've used the 3M blue painters tape for many parts of the DIY; it's a really great tape in terms of striking the balance between sticking very well but not peeling things left and right and leaving residue. In that latest picture (post #905), I ran out of the original tape and used the new "blu" tape. That one seem to retain the same qualities, and then adds this nice thinness to it. Very nice.
    The MDX project is on hold for the time being, due to too many other things going on. My list of projects is now down to three points - open and clean a BMW E92 headlight, finish up the redone retro for my brother, and fix my quad retro.

As you see, the MDX retro isn't even on the list at the moment. When the above are done, I'll focus on getting the house in order for sale in spring. If I get my work area back to how it was (only better organized) and I have some spare time I between, I may get some work done on it, but it's not a priority.

Leave a comment:

• 06BlkMax
    replied
    Output shots?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• satrya
    replied
    Originally posted by 06BlkMax View Post
    Satrya any pic's of the fogs??
    I'm still working on painting the fog trim piece, so no new pictures so far. But the components haven't changed. Are you interested in seeing the relative size of the foglight units inside? (the ES300 and the Hella Micro DE fog) They're quite small, but the Micro DE is a bit long:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X