Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd bugeye wrx retrofit. Goodbye oem look. Hello sheet metal & acrylic. (progress pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
    Yes, I was using Google images to verify that I was thinking of the neon... the one with signals next to the lights.
    Interesting. A second gen with turn signal like the first gen. I stand corrected.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

• This thread deserves a free bump, Great read and some of the best light modding ive seen yet, Cudos mate love your work.

Comment

• Thank you. I appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by satrya View Post
          Interesting. A second gen with turn signal like the first gen. I stand corrected.
          Yeah, I know this is old, and kinda OT, but that had to be a prototype. They SRT-4 was based on the -03 up body style. The second Gen Neon has turn signals in that location from 2000-2002. In 03 they changed the front end, introduced the SRT-4 and switched over to NGC engine electronics.

Comment

• those look hella nice

Comment

• Originally posted by JayinMI View Post
              Yeah, I know this is old, and kinda OT, but that had to be a prototype. They SRT-4 was based on the -03 up body style. The second Gen Neon has turn signals in that location from 2000-2002. In 03 they changed the front end, introduced the SRT-4 and switched over to NGC engine electronics.
              I see. I thought it was a bit odd, but I don't know enough about Neons to tell.

Originally posted by kk8909 View Post
              those look hella nice
              You mean member Defyant's custom taillight in the signature in post #122? You should see his build thread. Very nice indeed.

Comment

• free bump from scooby fellow here

Comment

• Thanks.

I thought your vehicle is a Mitsubishi.

Comment

Thanks.

I thought your vehicle is a Mitsubishi.

my other car is forester SF5 s/tb

Comment

• ^
                      Nice. I used to own an SG6 forester. Does your SF5 have any retrofit? Are you aware that TRS just had a limited run of 3800K D2S bulbs. Their output isn't necessarily as yellow as some halogen low beams, but the color as it appears on the road is actually quite convincingly halogen.

Comment

^
                        Nice. I used to own an SG6 forester. Does your SF5 have any retrofit? Are you aware that TRS just had a limited run of 3800K D2S bulbs. Their output isn't necessarily as yellow as some halogen low beams, but the color as it appears on the road is actually quite convincingly halogen.

sf5 retro in the pipeline...not yet make up my mind to use what projectors in it or dual or quad setup....but before that need to swap my 97/98 headlight and front clip into 99/01 for clear lense headlight...the 97/98 use glass fresnel lens....

maybe i'll use some oem projectors that comes with similar or <4100k colour range.....need a lot of scouting at the chopshop/breaker yard for that though

Comment

• The aspect ratio of the SF5's headlight is a bit more square than rectangular; I'm not sure how two round lenses sitting side by side may look like. Visually, it might be better to go with a single 3" lens or the Q45 (which means no high beam). The LS430 may work.

Comment

• I think I just have to borrow some ideas from this build for my build...

OEM halogen reflector headlights | Osram Rallye H7 65W low beams | Philips Vision H1 55W high beams | Pre-facelift orange indicators

Retrofits in progress: MDX LED retrofit | RX350/EvoX-R quad w/'moto HD relay, Mitsubishi gen4 ballasts and selectable quad wiring (needs lots of fixing)

My retrofits

Comment

• Originally posted by csjoh View Post
                              I think I just have to borrow some ideas from this build for my build...
                              It is open source... you're welcome to use anything here

Comment

The aspect ratio of the SF5's headlight is a bit more square than rectangular; I'm not sure how two round lenses sitting side by side may look like. Visually, it might be better to go with a single 3" lens or the Q45 (which means no high beam). The LS430 may work.
                                mostlikely will do staggered off-center setup like your wrx

Comment

Working...
                                X