Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd bugeye wrx retrofit. Goodbye oem look. Hello sheet metal & acrylic. (progress pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ^pomen_GTR^ View Post
    staggered off-center setup like your wrx
    At first I thought that might be odd, but then I recall that there are some Land Rover models that have staggered layout in a relatively rectangular headlight housing like that of the SF5's.

Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

• wow that is cool headlights!

Comment

• Bump. And a very late humble show of appreciation for the very detailed writeups for the reteofits and wiring. But I can't seem to find output pics (road nor wall) except for 1 of the quads and not really level I guess. I was greedy for apples to apples comparison for all three modes of the quad under same conditions from the driver's POV, preferably without the fogs on. I keep seeing you have mentioned how quads fully on won't give the perception of more light and also you mentioned several times how same projector quads are pointless. I know yours aren't the same but I am still curious because good quad output shots are few and far between and they're always all 4 on.
        2006 Grand Vitara 3dr
        Projector swap: MH1 7.0, XB35, XB 4500K, custom wiring
        CAD designed adapter plate, manual leveling motors

How to use Imgur to embed photos

Comment

• Originally posted by NoodleFace View Post
          Bump. And a very late humble show of appreciation for the very detailed writeups for the reteofits and wiring. But I can't seem to find output pics (road nor wall) except for 1 of the quads and not really level I guess. I was greedy for apples to apples comparison for all three modes of the quad under same conditions from the driver's POV, preferably without the fogs on. I keep seeing you have mentioned how quads fully on won't give the perception of more light and also you mentioned several times how same projector quads are pointless. I know yours aren't the same but I am still curious because good quad output shots are few and far between and they're always all 4 on.
          Thank you.
          I've been having trouble logging on; sorry I didn't see this. I'll need to dig up some of the comparison. If I remember, a lot of my attempts to take the pictures get affected by nearby street lighting and images that aren't focused enough to make it easy to spot. Let me see what I can find.
          Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
          X