Ford Fusion Retrofit - #2 (FX-R 3.0)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Fusion Retrofit - #2 (FX-R 3.0)

Although my first retrofit took forever and a day to complete I'm currently working on #2. This time I'll be retrofitting my headlights with the FX-R 3.0s, 5000k Morimotos, and the "Demon Eye." I plan on keeping the whole paint scheme the same thing but possibly finding a way to utilize the high beam spot. Any ideas?

Here is the link to my first retrofit: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...usion+retrofit

Nothing quite yet to see besides some cutoff pics. This week I plan on cutting open the lights and hopefully getting to work!

mmmm, FX-R 3.0 + Morimoto 5K = sexy

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
    * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

Nice color, can't wait to see it finished + some real life road shots

Fiat Brava Morimoto Mini H1 Retrofit
      Morimoto Mini H1 Fog Shots

Comment

Originally posted by TRSMatt View Post
        mmmm, FX-R 3.0 + 5K + 55w = sexy
        this is exactly the setup I'm running heheh

Comment

This is making me want to hack both of my 1.1 lamps out and replace them.

Comment

I was soooo close to pulling the trigger on the 1.1 projectors until Matt convinced me to go with the 3.0s. After testing them out yesterday I was blown away!

Tomorrow and Thursday I should be able to get some serious work done on the projectors.

Comment

not that I can say the same for 2.0, because it was indeed a POS, the 3.0 is better, in every way, period.

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
              * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

I missed your first retro. Looks great. Between that and the grilles you've got a G35 vibe goin on.

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

That's the first time I've had the G35 comparison. Most people say it looks similar to a CTS-V. Especially this picture...

Comment

that does look cts-esque indeed

Comment

Put some strobes in your highbeams! Haha Random I know, but that picture makes you look like the perfect under-cover cop. White ones should still be legal I think...

Build Thread: [Quad-Retro] ////////////////////////////////// Photobucket Account: [Here]

Comment

This past week I didn't have a whole bunch of time to work on the light, but when I did I spent it cutting open the light and doing some general cleanup on it.

Today I was finally able to start cutting into the reflector to see what I was really dealing with. My initial concern was the increase in size from the Mini's to the FX-R 3.0's. It's hard to tell in the pictures but near the top of the low beam spot the lens slopes fairly close to the chrome trim. In my past retrofit I avoided that by cutting out a spot at the bottom of the low-beam spot to "drop" it lower, thus giving me the ample room to work with. This time around there was no doubt I needed to duplicate the same exact thing. So far I'm VERY happy with the fitment and overall cutting of the reflector.

Below are a few pictures of the cutout portions:

Top View

And some pics of the projector in it's place (it tilted just a hair when putting the lens on).

This coming week I will try and test fit it on my car to line it up. Once I know the exact placement I'll start cutting the shroud to fit correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFusion07 View Post
                          That's the first time I've had the G35 comparison. Most people say it looks similar to a CTS-V. Especially this picture...

Looks nice. Can't really tell it's a Fusion anymore.

Comment

Is it just me or are the 3.0 less sharp in the cutoff?

Comment

Originally posted by circa27 View Post
                              Is it just me or are the 3.0 less sharp in the cutoff?
                              i think it's just you, they're supposedly sharper at the cutoff lol

Comment

Working...
                              X