'80 rabbit truck - 7" round retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '80 rabbit truck - 7" round retrofit

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here as all the searching i did prior to doing my first retrofit helped greatly.

Finally got off my ass and decided to get these done since the weather here in the pnw isn't the greatest today. Projectors are morimoto mini h1's from the retrofitsource. great guys and excellent customer service. originally i wanted to try to keep everything chrome, but damaged the refelctors on the rounds, so decided to just paint. will probably install later this week once i get the garage cleaned up a bit. On to the pics.

going on this:

Nice truck, those head lights will look right on there. But fix the wiper please!! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
      Nice truck, those head lights will look right on there. But fix the wiper please!! lol.
      thanks.

the wiper is actually a factory scirocco monowiper swap. trust me. i hate the "ghetto monowiper" as much as the next guy.

Comment

OK, well it still looks like the ghetto monowiper haha. Since it doesn't sit flat.

Comment

That looks sweet!

Comment

thats an awesome looking truck

i guess nighttime pics will come soon?

i like the look of it but feel that the bezel is a bit small for the light. Im sure you will fix it later on if it bothers you enough

Congrats on the retro.
            C
            Ciprian || Linuxglobal Headlights: (647) 492-1127
            Retrofit count: 245 (June 25 2014)
            Follow me on FaceBook Linuxglobal on YouTube
            Hidplanet Retrofitters Hidplanet University Buy/Sell Forum Rules My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by linuxglobal View Post
              thats an awesome looking truck

i guess nighttime pics will come soon?

i like the look of it but feel that the bezel is a bit small for the light. Im sure you will fix it later on if it bothers you enough

Congrats on the retro.
              C

thanks! i'll get some night shots as soon as i get them dropped into the truck. need to find my extra set of headlight buckets to drop them in.

the bezel doesnt bother me. i think for a truck this old, a larger bezel might look too busy and less clean for such a simple headlight.

and definately having fun with the truck. been a great project thus far.

and the reason i'm doing this is because i'm use to the bi-xenon e-code lights in my A4 and the truck seemed anemic in comparason.

Comment

It looks fantastic and absolutely clean - just like your cars... Great work...!

Comment

what did u use to glue/build the rears deeper?

Comment

wow thats a clean truck... nice looking retro also..

Comment

your a4 is sick!

Retro looks clean and simple.
                      95 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser 193k locked, FX-R Bi-Xenon HID projector retrofit in deop's, Hella 4000 hid's, 295/75/16 bfg at, Kenwood DNX5120, Clifford alarm, EGR disabled, Yak rack, bunch of stickers, other ghetto mods
                      96 Volvo 855R DD
                      05 Subaru WRX STi factory hids, mostly stock

Comment

Nice job on the retro! Looks like you took your time doing it...

Here's mine I did on my Jetta coupe. Not as clean as yours is though, because I rushed with gluing the glass back together.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...FX-45-Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by rmyc View Post
                          what did u use to glue/build the rears deeper?
                          I used a snap-in 4" ABS floor drain that i cut the grid out of as it was the perfect size i needed. Didnt want to make the housings too big as space behind them is limited in the truck. Used a small bubble level to make sure everything was lined up and tacked the pieces together with superglue/accellerant. Then used JB weld to reinforce the joints. Finally coated the outsides in a few layers of VHT wrinkle paint.

Comment

thanks for the comments on the truck and audi. the a4 is actually on it's winter wheels in that pic. I'm kind of a wheel ***** as i've had six different sets of wheels for the truck in the past year, and have had 7 different sets for the audi in the 4 years that i've owned it. here's what the a4 normally looks like the rest of the year:

Comment

Dude, that just looks plain SICK! An excellent example of what can be accomplished in one of these 7" round headlights.
                              Everything you wanted to know about HID bulbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X