Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official "Post a Picture of Your Retrofit" Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. It was my first retrofit, learned a lot and have the mod bug to do more

Comment

• Great work on that Explorer. I usually don't like those strips but they look nice on this application.

Comment

• Not bad not bad. Same, not a fan of the strips but they look good

Comment

• 2007 Yukon. Mini D2S 4.0

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Originally posted by pro5x2
          It was like, "Oh hia, let me help you see little halogens"
          Epic.

My FX-R Retrofit: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53754

Originally posted by sbdrumr
          If your projectors are mounted upside down simply rotate the car 180° and your problems are solved

Comment

• 2015 F150

Started with Anzo headlight housings. Pulled out the Anzo H7 projectors and replaced with Mori D2S 3.0, both projectors. Currently running CBI's in top projector for high/low beam, bottom projector is high beam only with Mori 2-stroke LED's with D2S base adapter.

Edit - retrofit version 2 is in the planning stages to use the D2S 4.0...
            Last edited by 02fx4dude; December 1st, 2016, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• 02 wrx m45 retrofit
              This was my first attempt at a retrofit, I think that the m45 is a perfect fit for the bug eye housing.
              Let me know what you think!
              Album with topic of Awesome, tagged with and ; uploaded by enviabletoast86. 02 wrx m45 retrofit

Comment

• Originally posted by Neko-524 View Post
                02 wrx m45 retrofit This was my first attempt at a retrofit, I think that the m45 is a perfect fit for the bug eye housing. Let me know what you think!
                Great Job! The M45 does look very good in that housing.
                --- 2008 WK - Headlight Retrofit - Foglight Retrofit ---
                ---
                2013 Speed Triple ---
                --- 2003 SV650s - Retrofit ---

Comment

• Originally posted by 2003_sv650s View Post
                  Great Job! The M45 does look very good in that housing.
                  Thanks! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I did get about half way through cutting up the first bowl and realized that there was no turning back. That was a troubling feeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neko-524 View Post
                    02 wrx m45 retrofit
                    Nice, and welcome blaze yellow bugeye.

By the way, the top part of a projector lens generally doesn't contribute to any useful distance light. One thing that would also probably work on your retrofit is to extend the contour made by the OE chrome trim piece between the low/high beam and the turn signal above a bit lower, to "enshroud" a portion of the lens. I use a different housing donor, but the general idea looks something like this:

At that level of lens obstruction (at least on an EvoX-R projector), neither low nor high beams' distance reach are affected.
                    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

• Honda Jazz / Fit 2014
                      Custom Acrylic DRL
                      Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Here is my led conversion. I installed DMEX E2 bi-led projectors, swapped 7440 turn signals into the 7444 socket, moved the parking light feature into the corner of the headlights with a 921/t20 bulb, and swapped morimoto switchback 3" led strips into the sidemarkers that housed t10/194 bulbs.

Comment

Working...
                        X