Warmer (5000K?) MLED 2.0 Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warmer (5000K?) MLED 2.0 Group Buy

Calling all enthusiasts who are interested in doing an MLED 2.0 retrofit or have existing MLED 1.0 or 2.0 projectors. The folks at The Retrofit Source have been kind enough to offer a group buy of special MLED 2.0 projectors with a warmer LED (5000K potentially). As many of you know this is a top performing projector with its only drawback being the blueish 6300K LED light source. This is our chance to make it that much better. If interersted please reply to this thread and Ill tally up a list. Hopefully TRS may give us some good pricing as well

List of those who are committed to a purchase:
    1. accelerometer
    3.qoloR
    Last edited by accelerometer; October 25th, 2021, 01:49 PM.

In for a set. Saw it on Facebook.
    i like MINIs, lights, and race cars.

i work on Range Rovers for a living.

Comment

Would they be just as bright?
      Subaru Outback retrofit:
      http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
      License plate lights with dual brightness:
      https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

yeah they ended up being super bluer than I wanted. But mine are in now. I'm not sure I want to go to all that trouble again, since I glued mine in. But I might be interested if it's the right color. The box says 5500k on them, but they aren't that color.

Comment

I’d be in.

Comment

Yeah I'd be in for sure if I can get it in rhd

Comment

It may be more difficult to secure 25 people for a group buy than it is to source a Chinese LED supplier that can provide an equivalent LED chip and board with a warmer color temperature. And cheaper too.

This LED chip HERE has the same package size and luminous surface area as the MLED 2.0 which uses a Lattice HML3. You can try to reach out to the company to inquire about color as well as the chips on the same size board as the Lattice. You'll obviously have to solder on the wires yourself but not totally difficult. Looks like its offered in 4000K and 5700K.

www.automotiveLEDresearch.com

Comment

Working...
              X