No announcement yet.

MH1 7.0 swap into an 06 Grand Vitara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are far luckier than me, with having mounting provisions for the projector bracket on the headlight already

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianD View Post
      You are far luckier than me, with having mounting provisions for the projector bracket on the headlight already
      Yeah luckier than you I guess
      I still don't fully understand why you had not simply put your biLed in the lowbeam bowl and used it for DRL. But you managed it all the same and I still like it. Your retrofit is making me think of fitting 2 more projectors in my HB bowls as well.
      2006 Grand Vitara 3dr
      Projector swap: MH1 7.0, XB35, XB 4500K, custom wiring
      CAD designed adapter plate, manual leveling motors

How to use Imgur to embed photos

Comment

I went that route so that it won't attract attention around police. They see nice and yellow halogen and everybody is happy, I keep my money and registration

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianD View Post
          I went that route so that it won't attract attention around police. They see nice and yellow halogen and everybody is happy, I keep my money and registration
          In Cairo the police made you uninstall your ballasts right then and there. They don't do it anymore thankfully, but HID (or just xenon as it's commonly called here) is still illegal. Nothing about LEDs though, a traffic cop spots your non-halogens and says he's gonna fine you, you calmly explain they're PNP LEDs and you're off scot-free . To be fair the root cause of that weird ban is ricers running PNP HIDs in stock reflectors. Probably came free with your fart exhaust.
          2006 Grand Vitara 3dr

Comment

Here we can fix defects on the spot and keep the registration as far as I know, if it's nothing major. I'm curious what the road-worthiness inspector will say in April when he sees the lights.

We've got plenty of ricers with HIDs in stock headlights, although in the recent years their number seems to have gone down.

Comment

So the rules where you are don't allow for off-road-use lights that are independently switched? Because that's essentially how you have them wired.
              2006 Grand Vitara 3dr

Comment

Originally posted by NoodleFace View Post
                In Cairo the police made you uninstall your ballasts right then and there. They don't do it anymore thankfully, but HID (or just xenon as it's commonly called here) is still illegal. Nothing about LEDs though, a traffic cop spots your non-halogens and says he's gonna fine you, you calmly explain they're PNP LEDs and you're off scot-free . To be fair the root cause of that weird ban is ricers running PNP HIDs in stock reflectors. Probably came free with your fart exhaust.
                Thats interesting. I added washer nozzles when I upgraded cars that didnt come stock with hids and luckily never had a problem.

your retrofit looks really good.
                Subaru Outback retrofit:
                http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
                License plate lights with dual brightness:
                https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Originally posted by Crossgolf View Post
                  Thats interesting. I added washer nozzles when I upgraded cars that didnt come stock with hids and luckily never had a problem.

your retrofit looks really good.
                  Thanks,

About those washer nozzles, do you still have working writeups for those on the forum? Not missing half the info in pictures and dead links I mean. I thought about doing the same to mine but my bumper slope doesn't allow for a fixed one. And I have no idea how the retractable ones work.
                  2006 Grand Vitara 3dr

Comment

Hello I think I have to clarify that I did not add washer nozzles but I added washer nozzle coves. I never did a writeup since it was not something to be proud of. But I can clarify what I did:
                    I looked for washer nozzle covers of Cars that originally came with retractrable washer nozzles.(Preferable ones that sit on top of the bumper and don't retract to be flush in the bumoer. Then I cut away everything in the back so they have a flat back side.
                    and painted them in the color of the car. Then I used Tesa Powerstrip to glue them to the bumper and it looked like the car had washer nozzles. No Cop or authorities every checked if they work.
                    Subaru Outback retrofit:
                    http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
                    License plate lights with dual brightness:
                    https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Just replaced my high beam bulbs in the stock reflectors to some high power LED ones. I only need them when it's really dark and there are no cars around anyway. It's not nearly as focused as the standard 9005 halogens in the same relfectors but the added light scatter isn't on my foreground so all is good. My fog lights have some 100w halogens in them for now, may need replacing later with Valeo projector LED fogs if I can find them at a good price.

Lights off

Fog lights (100w halogen fog relfectors)

LB only (mH1 7.0, XB35)

LB + Fog lights (mH1 7.0, XB35) (100w halogen fog relfectors)

LB + HB (mH1 7.0, XB35) (Checkmate L9 PNP LED in HB reflectors)

LB + HB + Fog lights (mH1 7.0, XB35) (Checkmate L9 PNP LED in HB reflectors) (100w halogen fog relfectors)
                      2006 Grand Vitara 3dr

Comment

Working...
                      X