Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4Tlr swap

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 4Tlr swap

    I've finished up on my 4tlr swap.... tell me what you guy's think of it..

  • #2
    https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag..._235454163.jpg

    Comment


    • #3
      Mods can you delete my two recent posts. I cannot see what I'm typing because the banner is in the way.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sure thing! Wall shot looks nice, love the color

        Comment


        • #5
          To get around the image hiding the text in the box as you type, use "Source" View. Its the icon at the top left above the text box. Looks like a document with "<>" on it.
          www.fadingarrow.com

          2001 Black Firebird Formula 5.7L V8 --- 75th Anniversary Package
          Headlights: Sinolyn 3" D2H Projectors with 35 watt HID

          2013 Blue Mustang GT 5.0 V8 Premium
          Headlights: Stock D3S Bi-Xenon

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
            Sure thing! Wall shot looks nice, love the color
            Thank you! Loving the 4TL-r so far...with it's amazing hotspot and ridiculous color flicker.

            Comment


            • #7
              I appreciate the help....I can see what I'm typing now.... thanks again!

              Comment


              • #8
                https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag..._235426192.jpg

                https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag..._235359419.jpg

                Couple more wall shots. I was thinking about doing the color mod on the 4TL-r....but after seeing how they perform straight out the box...I think I'll just let them be.
                Last edited by 06BlkMax; October 8th, 2020, 02:04 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  That's quite a lot of light!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by AdrianD View Post
                    That's quite a lot of light!
                    Yes it is.
                    HID flicker https://imgur.com/a/pcrbUxX

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by 06BlkMax View Post
                      Yes it is.
                      HID flicker https://imgur.com/a/pcrbUxX
                      Looks sexy. Does this introduce more glare widening the colour band like that? Or is it just ok in person? I only ever saw this effect through pictures never in person.
                      2006 Grand Vitara 3dr
                      Projector swap: MH1 7.0, XB35, XB 4500K, custom wiring
                      CAD designed adapter plate

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NoodleFace View Post

                        Looks sexy. Does this introduce more glare widening the colour band like that? Or is it just ok in person? I only ever saw this effect through pictures never in person.
                        I call it eye porn lol. I would say if your lights are aimed correctly where it shouldn't glare incoming drivers then it shouldn't be a problem. I would say a decent projector with quality bulb's produce color flicker. The 7.0 produce awesome looking color flicker....you can see this effect from the light bouncing off of road signs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 06BlkMax View Post
                          I call it eye porn lol. I would say if your lights are aimed correctly where it shouldn't glare incoming drivers then it shouldn't be a problem. I would say a decent projector with quality bulb's produce color flicker. The 7.0 produce awesome looking color flicker....you can see this effect from the light bouncing off of road signs.
                          I haven't noticed that much colour on my 7.0, only in a narrow window then cutoff really does its job. Also I have colour only at driver's side (H1) maybe it's a 4tl-r thing or you spaced the glass.
                          2006 Grand Vitara 3dr
                          Projector swap: MH1 7.0, XB35, XB 4500K, custom wiring
                          CAD designed adapter plate

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NoodleFace View Post

                            I haven't noticed that much colour on my 7.0, only in a narrow window then cutoff really does its job. Also I have colour only at driver's side (H1) maybe it's a 4tl-r thing or you spaced the glass.
                            I had to do a lot of trimming and spacing this projector to fit the OEM bracket. 5#8 washers for all 3 screws.

                            Projector https://imgur.com/a/dgjvY5y

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm pretty sure you have color on the passenger side as well....the driver side tends to drown out the passenger side. One way to check for sure is to cover up the driver side projector and see what you get.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X