No announcement yet.

Audi A4 B5 pre facelift, best options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

projectors came fast, this time its D2S so theres proper bulbs available. compared bosch 35w ballast and 55w generic chinese, both draws 42watts but bosch is much brighter and gives more natural colors.

Comment

That looks like you may not need to add any shroud when fitting the aftermarket projectors in. The OE opening looks like it can accommodate even larger diameter lens projectors.
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

had to 62mm->70mm. hardest is to align them horizontal cause its fixed, sanded glass ones are on H4 which rotate just enough

Comment

Oh what a journey again. Bosch oem ballast had broken output cable 3cm from ballast, arched there, well i had to cut cable anyway to get it thru headlight housing. I accidentaly reversed that connection and car didnt like it, i believe it arched near bulb, didnt light it up but sent electric interference and muted whole instument gauges!!
          It was my luck that i got it back just taking ground cable off for a minute.

This G5 projector has good output. Oem hella/bosch ballast and pretty old bosch d2s bulb hasnt that white light i've used to so when its time to change maybe hardcore philips is way to go.
          I tried to aim lights with highbeam output but seem theres some crookness going on but not that bad

Comment

Good thing there wasn't permanent damage.
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
            X