No announcement yet.

Audi A4 B5 pre facelift, best options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice classic set o clear headlights. I ll keep an eye on your plans! good luck.finding direct replacements.
    Subaru Outback retrofit:
    http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
    License plate lights with dual brightness:
    https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

I was driving W214 MB and these new cars have really good low beams with modern output.
      Ebay projectors are all outdated old output patterns, wonder when china start to produce more efficiency projectors?

I still have those sanded glass lights on, low beam ok, not so with high beam, with these new depos i can go 55W xenon high beam and try to find/ modify more to modern low beam output.

just my thoughts

Comment

got these on, pretty piece of shit. inner parts rubs each other, lock´s height adjust.
        barely points right direction

Gonna modify those sanded ones and put these depos into oven when im done

Comment

factory depo outputs, shimmed that right side projector similar to left. Tilted projector slightly down so high beam rises.
          flaps modified again, maybe output pictures when i got them on

Comment

about the output what i tried to receive

Comment

Originally posted by manninen View Post
              about the output what i tried to receive
              With a conventional metal shield in a biXenon, you could grind down the tall area far from the center to achieve that effect. But I would test it with dummy shield first, say, made of cardstock.
              Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

loaned pictures from A4 B8 factory lights which i found just. Daum they´re just what i thought!
                these depos have quite thick metal, wasnt so quick to take with dremel.
                but i took little bit too much from ebay bi-xenon projectors

Comment

this is situation now on sanded glass lights.
                  orange area is hot spot bend which comes from glass work, thats why i got these depos

Comment

Looks like you've gotten the additional light in that area you wanted then.

Comment

With depos i kept shields side by side, distance difference what they might be when on car and filed both from left and right. Kind of hard to visualise.
                      If you take too much with them being metal they can be filled with bronze or silver

Comment

With depos i kept shields side by side, distance difference what they might be when on car and filed both from left and right. Kind of hard to visualise.
                        If you take too much with them being metal they can be filled with bronze or silver
                        I prefer to conduct my shield experiment by using cardstock, initially copying the OE shield, and progressively trimming it here and there to see what the output looks like. If I trimmed too much, I simply start over with new cardstock replica, or add tape on areas I want to recover.

Comment

Yea easy to make shields if they are straight. Depo has lhd/rhd turnable shield and those bi-projectors has curved shield

sanded glass output pics
                          Last edited by manninen; November 25th, 2019, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crossgolf View Post
                            A nice classic set o clear headlights. I ll keep an eye on your plans! good luck.finding direct replacements.
                            I had these on for awhile but had to put diy lights back, i have cheap 55w ballast for high beam and switching to high beam instrument panel reset somewhat electric noise going on, filed ECE cut gives killer output to low beam but i have to have bi-projector so have to full diy those plastic lights

Comment

I had these on for awhile but had to put diy lights back, i have cheap 55w ballast for high beam and switching to high beam instrument panel reset somewhat electric noise going on, filed ECE cut gives killer output to low beam but i have to have bi-projector so have to full diy those plastic lights
                              I once had a Passat b5 with aftermarket xenon lights which looks a little bit like yours. Quality wasnt good but I managed to get them to work. Maybe you can fix these if you combine the oem and aftermarked lights.
                              Subaru Outback retrofit:
                              http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
                              License plate lights with dual brightness:
                              https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Working...
                              X