Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'03 cbr600rr mh1 + xbt halos & demon eyes (pic heavy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '03 cbr600rr mh1 + xbt halos & demon eyes (pic heavy)

Just finished this up last week and wanted to share some good pics..

I think this is now my 4th retro that I've done over the years. Two were in some 7x6's, the other in my tacoma. This has been by far the most involved for me, and a few things didn't turn out perfect. I think the hardest part was figuring out how and where it was all gonna be wired. Not exactly an easy task on a bike. heh. But finally got it all figured out and overall I'm more than happy. I think it came out SICK AF and feel like a total badass when I take her out. Heh... But yeah, it was a total pain in the arse. However it was WELLLLL worth it! So happy with how it turned out. Also extremely pleased with the quality of all the led products as well. They've come a long way with their products and all the led stuff seems really well built and thought out now, compared to what they had in the past. It made things a lot simpler. So thank you TRS, you guys frickin ROCK!

MH1 7.0's. Xbt controlled halos and demon eyes. Custom black plexiglass back plates.

Last edited by to_endanger; March 12th, 2019, 11:00 PM.

Some build shots. I first tried a plastic cutting board for the back plates. But wasn't happy with how they turned out once I painted one. So decided to order up some black plexiglass. Plexiglass was MUCH better looking! Also utilized some cable glands into the housings for the rgb wires to pass through instead of the bulb area where there isn't much room for them thick wires. Added some butyl rubber on the gland, as well as the rgb wires where it clamps down, for a better seal. Then the xbt controller and all the drivers were stuffed under the rear seat. rgb wires were just long enough to reach the front!

Last edited by to_endanger; March 12th, 2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

More pics

Some random pics of the bike before retro.

Comment

Awesome retrofit! Thanks for sharing. High quality build you dit. I really like the mounting method and beackseal. Have you ridden the bike at night? How do you like teh cutoff riding around corners?
        Subaru Outback retrofit:
        http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
        License plate lights with dual brightness:
        https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Originally posted by Crossgolf View Post
          Awesome retrofit! Thanks for sharing. High quality build you dit. I really like the mounting method and beackseal. Have you ridden the bike at night? How do you like teh cutoff riding around corners?
          Thanks mate!
          Yeah ive ridden it quite a few times already. I work evenings/nights and I'll be riding her daily now.. On the first ride at night it surprised me when I first saw how much its affected when turning. But after a few rides, it doesnt even bother me. Partially because its mostly affected during slow turns which isnt a big deal in town. Especially in the fairly small town I'm in theres little, if any, traffic at night so high beams for me most of the ride home. And high beams take care of that for the most part. But no I havent taken her out on any high speed twisties at night. Nor do I plan to. Ha. No thanks. If youre doing that kind of riding at night, and with traffic, then you got bigger balls than I bruddha. Lol. But seriously, its not a big deal as some make it out to be imo. I see just fine. Even through my tinted helmet visor.

However the one thing that does kinda bother me, much like it did on slight grades with my truck, is how much lift of the cutoff there is now when the front end raises on acceleration with the bike. Now its like I'm flashing people really quickly through each gear. Lol. And it's affected with just the slightest pull. So if I'm in traffic I find myself putting more focus on them and where my cutoff is being directed, whilst trying to put around so as to not blind people, versus focusing more on the road and what's ahead of me.. The simple solution is to adjust them lower, but at the risk of not seeing in the distance which I'd say is more important on a bike than a car/truck... But in any event, it certainly changes things with a retro on bike. That's for sure.

Comment

I ride a street triple and normally never ride it at night. Only when I get home to late from a evening cruise...
            I've been thinking about LEDs and I am even considering plug and play H4 LEDs... since for me that headlights mostly have to make me more visible instead of making me see better. But of course I want a decent output wich I can only achieve with a retrofit of some sort.
            Subaru Outback retrofit:

Comment

Originally posted by Crossgolf View Post
              I ride a street triple and normally never ride it at night. Only when I get home to late from a evening cruise...
              I've been thinking about LEDs and I am even considering plug and play H4 LEDs... since for me that headlights mostly have to make me more visible instead of making me see better. But of course I want a decent output wich I can only achieve with a retrofit of some sort.
              Hmmm.. Yeah those dont sound fun trying to decide which route to go with. Do you have those bug eyes or the dual round headlights?

Either way though, I'd probably suggest going the led route for yours. I had considered doing pnp leds in mine. But honestly I just wanted to do projectors and halos for the badassery aesthetics. If i had a naked, I probably wouldnt go with retros myself. I'd probly just slap the pnp leds in. You'd definitely gain daytime visibility more than retros would I would think. Plus you wouldnt have to deal with the cutoff issues that retros introduce. Not to mention dealing with mounting of the huge ballasts and any modules/drivers, especially on a naked.

Comment

I have the bug eyes. it is a 2014. You definitely got the badassery aesthetics you wanted!
                One year I used blue halogen lights. but they didn't even last the whole season. Both lowbeams failed on a 300km long highway ride within a couple of kms and I had to drive with highbeams all the way home.
                Subaru Outback retrofit:

Comment

Working...
                X