2016 Nissan Rogue SV HID Retrofit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Nissan Rogue SV HID Retrofit

Getting started. Newbie in this department. Lets see how this goes. I got new mit too. lol

Good luck!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Keep us updated. Are those the original headlights or aftermarket?
      Subaru Outback retrofit:
      http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
      License plate lights with dual brightness:
      https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Originally posted by Crossgolf View Post
        Keep us updated. Are those the original headlights or aftermarket?
        OEM. But bought used from Ebay. Not aftermarket.

Okay... opened one... was very nervous though. Just did 240F for 20 minutes and it opened just with hands. Not even prying. Tab was kind of removed by itself due to heat but no deformation or burnt. I also noticed something in the reflector. It was there before. Im not too much worried as its going to get projector. But wanted to understand what it is.

Comment

There are some screws which i can remove and something like this. Please check the picture. How to remove it to remove the reflector.

Comment

That deformation on the reflector is odd.

I think those are ball sockets. I think you have to pop them out, it's tough so use liberal heat. Not 100% sure though so don't go breaking things!!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
              That deformation on the reflector is odd.

I think those are ball sockets. I think you have to pop them out, it's tough so use liberal heat. Not 100% sure though so don't go breaking things!!
              Someone told me its may be due to age and burning of halogen. Anyway. Im going to put a projector. so no problem there. So i used a 10 mm socket to unscrew on side. Other side was impossible to access. So i tried to lift at the angle from one side, other side just popped out. So i dint break anything

My LB is H11. So if i shave off bit of reflector, i should be able to do a thread mount. What you think.

Comment

I'm sure a thread mount will work with some trimming. Glad you got those things out!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Sanded the reflector and mounted the projector. Need to test the rotation before tightening the nut. I got so involved now High beam LED projector and Halos on the way Yay.

Comment

Wow you on to something here. The original owner propably used high power halogens or HIDs maybe even LEDs in the housing so thats why the reflector is cracked.
                    What LED highbeams did you order?
                    Subaru Outback retrofit:
                    http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
                    License plate lights with dual brightness:
                    https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Originally posted by Crossgolf View Post
                      Wow you on to something here. The original owner propably used high power halogens or HIDs maybe even LEDs in the housing so thats why the reflector is cracked.
                      What LED highbeams did you order?
                      I ordered Profile Hi beam LED but Later on decided against it. Reason, its too much work. It was little bigger for my housing and i dont want to cut and align etc. Anyway, i hardly use high beam. got the splitter and will use H9 Halogen itself.

Update.

Removing Front bumper is not that hard after all. Some work yea but its not hard. Hope i can put it back

Attached are some pics. I know I need to align the vertical level (adjust screw) but rotation looks okay ? and anyway i cant rotate any further as the projector housing hitting the reflector. With halogen, i was not really able to get the cut off.

Okay not okay ? atleast legal ?

Comment

Working...
                      X