2016 Nissan Rogue SV HID Retrofit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Nissan Rogue SV HID Retrofit

Getting started. Newbie in this department. Lets see how this goes. I got new mit too. lol

All, I wanted to do a write up on what all i did.

Tips:
    1. Get a second pair of Headlights from ebay if you can afford. Even aftermarket like TYC or Depo is good. Pair of used OEM / after market new will cost around USD 220. (At the time of writing)
    2. If you have time to DIY in one shot or have second car then you can work on the OEM itself
    3. Morimoto mini H1 is easy to DIY as thread mount can be used. Mini D2S 5.0 requires significant amount of modification to the reflector
    4. Order High beam splitter if planning to use the OEM halogen in additional to Bi xenon HB
    5. Get the Relay kit , Ballast and Bulbs. Get bulbs from Xenon depot as it markets as Philips quartz. i got Morimoto H1 though. I dint know before.

Steps
    ---------
    1. Follow the manual here. http://www.nirogue.com/front_bumper-1205.html to remove the front bumper and remove the headlights. This manual can be followed for models from 2014 +
    2. If using second pair, you can skip and start with retrofit
    3. Remove all the bulbs, rubber gasket and High beam cap,5 screws. Bake the headlights at 240 F for 20 minutes
    4. Once out, it will separate by itself. Please remove it carefully
    5. Remove the DRL LEDs (2 screws)
    6. Remove Turn signal reflector (2 screws)
    7. Remove the LB / HB reflector. ( loosen up the Vertical adjustment screw and remove the corner most ball socket by pressing the tabs and pull diagonally to remove the inner one)\
    8. Remove 2 screws to remove the Plastic that holds the reflector
    9. Remove the cut off shield. Might nee a plier. Sand the back of LB till the H11 mounts are removed and its flat with pass through hole. You can use the bulls level or any method of choice to level the sanding. Compare with High beam. They are exactly same level if using bulls eye.
    10. Mount the H1 Projector and pass the high beam solenoid wire through the cut off shield hole in the reflector. Use the H7 washer provided in the kit
    11. Keep the solenoid at the bottom and keep the bottom corner of the projector touching farthest end. depends on the passenger or driver side you are working on. There are lines inside the reflector. Top of the projector will be level with those lines.
    12. Mount the screw and hand tighten it. After Doing a quick test in car, use 27mm socket to tighten fully and apply jb weld
    13. Cut the mini gatlin gun shroud at the bottom. Some on top and some height. Once its seats fine, you can put jb weld.
    14. Do the reverse to mount the reflectors back and bake with morimoto rubber and seal it.

There are youtube videos by lightwerkz and TRS that are easy to follow for most of the common stuffs like baking and sealing etc.

Follow the Nissan manual and install the bulbs. You can mount the relay and Ballast using zip ties. There are plenty of space in the engine bay.

Post any questions. Happy to help. This is the first retrofit for this model car available online. I couldnt find anything before i did mine.
    Last edited by everydaydealer; March 27th, 2019, 07:07 PM.

Good luck!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Keep us updated. Are those the original headlights or aftermarket?
      Subaru Outback retrofit:
      http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
      License plate lights with dual brightness:
      https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Originally posted by Crossgolf View Post
        Keep us updated. Are those the original headlights or aftermarket?
        OEM. But bought used from Ebay. Not aftermarket.

Okay... opened one... was very nervous though. Just did 240F for 20 minutes and it opened just with hands. Not even prying. Tab was kind of removed by itself due to heat but no deformation or burnt. I also noticed something in the reflector. It was there before. Im not too much worried as its going to get projector. But wanted to understand what it is.

Comment

There are some screws which i can remove and something like this. Please check the picture. How to remove it to remove the reflector.

Comment

That deformation on the reflector is odd.

I think those are ball sockets. I think you have to pop them out, it's tough so use liberal heat. Not 100% sure though so don't go breaking things!!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
              That deformation on the reflector is odd.

I think those are ball sockets. I think you have to pop them out, it's tough so use liberal heat. Not 100% sure though so don't go breaking things!!
              Someone told me its may be due to age and burning of halogen. Anyway. Im going to put a projector. so no problem there. So i used a 10 mm socket to unscrew on side. Other side was impossible to access. So i tried to lift at the angle from one side, other side just popped out. So i dint break anything

My LB is H11. So if i shave off bit of reflector, i should be able to do a thread mount. What you think.

Comment

I'm sure a thread mount will work with some trimming. Glad you got those things out!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Sanded the reflector and mounted the projector. Need to test the rotation before tightening the nut. I got so involved now High beam LED projector and Halos on the way Yay.

Comment

Wow you on to something here. The original owner propably used high power halogens or HIDs maybe even LEDs in the housing so thats why the reflector is cracked.
                    What LED highbeams did you order?
                    Subaru Outback retrofit:

Comment

Originally posted by Crossgolf View Post
                      Wow you on to something here. The original owner propably used high power halogens or HIDs maybe even LEDs in the housing so thats why the reflector is cracked.
                      What LED highbeams did you order?
                      I ordered Profile Hi beam LED but Later on decided against it. Reason, its too much work. It was little bigger for my housing and i dont want to cut and align etc. Anyway, i hardly use high beam. got the splitter and will use H9 Halogen itself.

Update.

Removing Front bumper is not that hard after all. Some work yea but its not hard. Hope i can put it back

Attached are some pics. I know I need to align the vertical level (adjust screw) but rotation looks okay ? and anyway i cant rotate any further as the projector housing hitting the reflector. With halogen, i was not really able to get the cut off.

Okay not okay ? atleast legal ?

Comment

Looks good. And will almost look stock when you put the shroud on.
                        Subaru Outback retrofit:

Comment

All are done... Please check the picture

Comment

Great work!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

After a round of headlight restoration. Used turtle wax kit. Lets see... Down the line will do one more time. Looking good so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X