Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

08 GMC Sierra Denali RX350 Retrofit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 08 GMC Sierra Denali RX350 Retrofit

    Hi everyone this is my first post I have been a lurker for over a year now. I had my headlights built by fastheadlights. I used TRS tuned RX350 projectors with STI-R clear lens XB35 2.0 ballasts and running D2S Osram Night breakers. Absoluty in love with the output still tweaking with the aiming since my truck has a 1.5 in level kit on it.

    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psawdc5rfe.jpg
    Starts
    February 1st, 2019
    Ends
    February 2nd, 2019
    Last edited by Monroe94; February 2nd, 2019, 02:31 AM.

  • #2
    Hope the link works It would not let my add an image and idk why there is a calendar I was not able to remove it? What a rookie move lol

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks good! Yeah HIDP can be funky. I use Imgur and post the BBCode and it embeds just fine.

      2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
        Looks good! Yeah HIDP can be funky. I use Imgur and post the BBCode and it embeds just fine.
        Thank you sir just having a hard time aiming them oncoming traffic is no issue but it's the people in front of me.on the highway that are flashing me when I pass them this is my first truck so I'm unsure if this is just how it is with truck retrofits.

        Comment


        • #5
          The key on a regular car is to get the right side, the higher side of the cutoff, perfectly horizontal. If you were to park 25 feet from a wall in a perfectly flat area, the higher side of the cutoff should be same distance from the ground as the center of the projector in your headlight. AKA the beam is perfectly straight. On a truck, you might want to lower it a hair. Maybe 2" drop at 25 feet.

          2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
          2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
            The key on a regular car is to get the right side, the higher side of the cutoff, perfectly horizontal. If you were to park 25 feet from a wall in a perfectly flat area, the higher side of the cutoff should be same distance from the ground as the center of the projector in your headlight. AKA the beam is perfectly straight. On a truck, you might want to lower it a hair. Maybe 2" drop at 25 feet.
            I did try the 2 in drop to start with and my upper cutoff was in the rear view mirrors of cars in front of me lol I got it down to the point where it's in there side mirrors without completely killing my distance vision. I think I'm going to remove my frontflevel kit and see if I can gain back some distance lighting. Currently the center of my projector sits at 41in so at 25 feet I have the lower step set at 35in. Just wish I could get some more distance only improvment from.my stockers is width and brightness but I really wanted distance out of this project

            Comment


            • #7
              That's the bad part about having a high truck, sadly. And even worse for us in lowered sports cars because we have to deal with you :P You'll have to find the ideal balance because blinding will happen no matter what, just have to minimize it without killing your own visibility.

              2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
              2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
                That's the bad part about having a high truck, sadly. And even worse for us in lowered sports cars because we have to deal with you :P You'll have to find the ideal balance because blinding will happen no matter what, just have to minimize it without killing your own visibility.
                i think I have found the sweet spot but anything lower than an accord there's nothing I can do for them. I am going to pull my level kit out I didn't think it was going to be an issue so I guess I will see I have stock size tires and suspension just the 1.5 inch spacer in the front.

                Comment

                Working...
                X