No announcement yet.

LEXUS RX 400h upgrades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to think of every possible way to mod these to fit nut couldn't come up with a solution that would have worked out with the tools I had. The seller gave me my money back and I reordered. Hopefully I have better luck next time. To make the next try a little more worth while I also ordered white demon eyes that I want to run in combination with the DRL.

another idea is to make the side marker area bigger. Or more exactly make another small area at the very bottom of the sidemarker light up too.

I am also looking for switchbacks for the turn signal. But for those I would like bright amber and the white only like parking lights. All the once I saw are bright white and bright amber.
    Subaru Outback retrofit:
    http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
    License plate lights with dual brightness:
    https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Originally posted by Crossgolf View Post
      I am also looking for switchbacks for the turn signal. But for those I would like bright amber and the white only like parking lights. All the once I saw are bright white and bright amber.
      I'm not sure I understand the last 2 sentences there. Bright amber + white vs bright white + amber?

On an unrelated note; how about cutting thin channels on the back surface of the shroud around the low beam, in a radially outward pattern? If the plastic is sufficiently removed but still looks intact from the outside (i.e. the "chrome" finish still looks the same), it may be possible to shine a light source that can light up radial patterns out from the low beam area. If that is not bright enough, cut the channels through and then fill the gap with frosted acrylic strips, and then have an amber halo light up the radial pattern to augment the OE turn signal. I know earlier you mentioned wanting to keep the OE look, but demon eyes and some of the things you mentioned in this thread may not really be OE look, depending on your perspective.
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Hey okay let me explain the look of the turn signal am trying to achieve. This is unrelated to the low beam / demon eyes. Right now there is a single T20 amber bulb in the turn signal bucket. But I am fan of giving all the reflectors a little white glow. So I would like to replace the T20 halogen with a switchback white/amber LED. The amber hast to be as bright as possible but the white I don't want to be very bright. The brightness of a W5W would be enough to give the turn signal bucket a little white glow in the dark. I don't want the turn signal bucket to function as a second DRL but most switchbacks I found seem to have similar brightness of the amber and white LEDs. I know I could dimm the white via another pwm module but I have already a lot of sevondary wiring behind the headlights so I would like to keep it is minimalistic as possible. Thats why I am looking for a T20 replacement with very bright amber and not very bright white LEDs.

I think I can follow your idea but I am guessing you thought that I would like to turn the lowbeam area into turn signals. That is not the case. I just bought the demon eyes to give the low beams a little glow whenever the DRL in the highbeam bucket are turned on.
        Subaru Outback retrofit:
        http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
        License plate lights with dual brightness:
        https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

I see. If the position of the white and amber LEDs are such that the amber is at the optimal location relative to the reflector facets, while the white is not, then you might achieve that effect. But that probably means experimenting with multiple brands of switchbacks to see which one happens to fit your needs.

What about covering the white emitters with slight tint / paint?
          Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
          X