No announcement yet.

2010 Daihatsu Terios Koito Bi-LED retrofit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I'm still waiting for my package I ordered from TRS on the 25th of May....

The package is still at Atlanta customs
    1999 LR Discovery II XS 4.0L V8 auto - Halogen

2012 Ford Figo TDCi - E46 projectors - XB35 ballasts - 4300k Bosch D2S bulbs - G37R shrouds - BIXENON stickers - H4 Mori wiring

Comment

Hi all.

So still no package.

But I got Terios facelift lights for my car.

All I can say is, the Koito 3Ē LED is a fat projector!!.. I need to modify the housing of the facelift lights a lot!

The facelift lights also has some work on them. Like mountings that I need to fabricate.

Glad I got these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012 Ford Figo TDCi - E46 projectors - XB35 ballasts - 4300k Bosch D2S bulbs - G37R shrouds - BIXENON stickers - H4 Mori wiring

Comment

This is how they look on a Terios (stock halogen projectors)

Looks really awesome!

Comment

Before cutting too much, I would suggest testing how much of the shroud can be left alone, even when the koito lens appears to be partially obstructed, and see whether or not the beam is compromised. In my testing of other projectors, I found that a lot of the perimeter of the lens can be covered and still produce the same beam width. I say that because at least the koito's lack of bulb base in the back allows the projector to sit a bit farther back in the housing, so there is one less need to cut a lot of shroud material.
          Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Hi all. This is how my project is looking like at the moment.
            The LH headlight still needs to be retrofitted, but shrouds are painted and done.

RH projector sits perfectly

Comment

Nice work, I went with the DMEX bi-led projectors and I got to say the projector with heat sinks and fan all in one unit does take up alot more space within the headlight than a hid projector. Fortunately there is a ton of space in my headlights so not much cutting was involved, even the dust caps fit on the back (tight fit). Was especially happy to have everything inside the headlight and just plug and play with factory wiring harness. The only thing I would change (and might in the future) is to have separate DRL feature vs the projector running PWM during the day but that would mean more components like relays and wiring and I dont think I want to go down that road. The clean look of no external ballasts or drivers or relay harnesses is really nice vs the old setup I had with HID plug/play kit in the original halogen projectors. The real estate in the engine bay by the headlights is so tight it was always a PITA to get to it.

Comment

Yup I must say, the RH headlight I had to cut open on a section at the rear. The only way I could make space for this fat projector.

So far, I am seriously happy with this build... So far, this is my hardest build (and I thought this was going to be easy almost PnP retrofit... pffff yeah right!)

Wiring was also an issue as I wanted to run the spotlight in the headlights with auxiliary spots outside... But went against that, as I am lazy and my trip to the coast is coming up really soon now!

Comment

Good progress. And stealthy.

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Soooo while my wife is sleeping, and I canít sleep..... I am busy with these sexy mongrels

Comment

And it's done.... Probably the longest retrofit I've ever done!

I am utterly in love with these lights! That instant light is just awesome!!

Will take good quality images soon, photos taken with iPhone SE

Photos don't do justice!

in search of eldorado poem

Comment

Double post
                          Last edited by MRauties; October 9th, 2018, 02:46 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Nice work!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                            2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Thanks man... Still not 100% done, I want to fit those DRL's that I got with. Only issue is space and how to get them perfect inside the headlight...

Comment

How about trimming part of the "shroud" right above the inner unit (where the halogen high beam is)?

Comment

Working...
                                X