• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Daihatsu Terios Koito Bi-LED retrofit

Hi all.....

I haven't posted in a while.

but anyhoooo,
    I took the plunge and took the Bi-LED route... After long and hard research, I bought a set of Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 headlights. Got them for ZAR4500 (for both) about $370
    The DRL's and projector work beautifully...

So, onto pictures!

screen capture freeware
    1999 LR Discovery II XS 4.0L V8 auto - Halogen

2012 Ford Figo TDCi - E46 projectors - XB35 ballasts - 4300k Bosch D2S bulbs - G37R shrouds - BIXENON stickers - H4 Mori wiring

The thing I like about the DRL (it has quite a few modes) will see if I can find them in this week.

2012 Ford Figo TDCi - E46 projectors - XB35 ballasts - 4300k Bosch D2S bulbs - G37R shrouds - BIXENON stickers - H4 Mori wiring

Comment

Wanted to seperate the lens and housing (but its permashitseal) PUKE FACE!!

So I took out my dremel and cut up the housing...

Color output on this LED is sooooo nice, wonder why I never had CBI's on my HID builds!

Comment

The top projector is the Koito Bi-LED

Lower projector is from a Range Rover Evoque with CBI's and OEM ballast.

Pretty happy with the output of the Koito!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Are you planning on bending the acrylic light guide to fit the Terios?

Also, the projector from the Evoque; is that a relative of the e55? The output doesn't seem so though.
          Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Damn those Koito LEDs are good.

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
              Thanks for sharing. Are you planning on bending the acrylic light guide to fit the Terios? Also, the projector from the Evoque; is that a relative of the e55? The output doesn't seem so though.
              I am not too sure what I'm going to do on the Terios....

Not sure if I want to use just the DRL's or the DRL's and the acrylic light thingy... So far each idea I think of, involves both

On the Evoque I am really not sure, too me that projector looked cheap AF!

Comment

Some output shots of the DRL.

Comment

Wondering which shrouds to get... Also which color should I make the headlights?

image upload with preview

Comment

Looking at the chrome bar on the top of the upper center grille, and the row of round shapes that is your light bar on the bottom center grille;
                    I wonder if having a half mirror film on the top 1/3 of the headlight (whose bottom edge lines up with the bottom edge of the chrome bar) with the 5 dots of the Fortuner's DRL behind it would look like? When turned off, it looks like a visual extension of the chrome bar. When on, the half mirror film will still pass some of the light so you can see 5 dots almost the same size as the light bar's dots, and almost the rest of the half of the light may be bounced around by the half mirror back to the headlight housing and make it glow a little bit. You'd need to cut a bit of the reflector assembly that borders the low/high beam facets and the turn signal area to make the 5 DRL dots fit, but with the half mirror film, it doesn't need an elaborate shroud for it.

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
                      Looking at the chrome bar on the top of the upper center grille, and the row of round shapes that is your light bar on the bottom center grille; I wonder if having a half mirror film on the top 1/3 of the headlight (whose bottom edge lines up with the bottom edge of the chrome bar) with the 5 dots of the Fortuner's DRL behind it would look like? When turned off, it looks like a visual extension of the chrome bar. When on, the half mirror film will still pass some of the light so you can see 5 dots almost the same size as the light bar's dots, and almost the rest of the half of the light may be bounced around by the half mirror back to the headlight housing and make it glow a little bit. You'd need to cut a bit of the reflector assembly that borders the low/high beam facets and the turn signal area to make the 5 DRL dots fit, but with the half mirror film, it doesn't need an elaborate shroud for it.
                      I like this idea... But I have removed the chrome bar and the light bar so that I could fit my skid plates

I can feel this project is going to be a week project, and not a weekend project

Comment

Skid plate... then maybe a more off-road theme inside the headlight perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by satrya
                          Skid plate... then maybe a more off-road theme inside the headlight perhaps?
                          Mmmmm I like this! What ideas do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If your new skid plate has a particular texture / color, design details, particular groove, etc., maybe you can make custom shroud that echoes the same design language.

Comment

Me likey! Thats a cool idea

Comment

Working...
                              X