My new headlights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new headlights

Previously, I had regular halogen projector headlights that were already having some clearcoat damage.

I got this new Chinese headlights for $480. I'm using Xenon Depot 5000k hid bulbs and Xenon Depot ballasts.

As far as I know the projectors are 3.0 and are probably ds2 3.0 or FXR

For the money, why not go with OEM bi-led projectors?

Comment

Post some output shots!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
        For the money, why not go with OEM bi-led projectors?
        I'm a noob when it comes retrofitting and I wanted more of a stock look. I have my stock headlights laying around, so maybe I can use to practice with them

Comment

No, not retrofit. Replacement OEM headlight.

Or was your model not available with LED headlamps until the refresh facelift?

Comment

What bulb? Also, output shots.

Comment

I didn't need replacement oem headlights. My halogen headlights were ok and I could've fixed the small clear coat problem for maybe $100, where they removed it and apply new clear coat.

The headlights I have now are an imitation of the headlights that come in the higher trim model GT. These higher trim oem headlights do not fit my vehicle and aftermarket was the only option. Not to mention, they are super expensive.

Here is one Mazda 6 with oem headlights look like. Mine look the same, but at a fraction of the cost. Obviously, the projectors I have in these aftermarket headlights are inferior to the oem ones. The oem ones use LED headlights.

I'm using Xenon Depot HID 5000k bulbs. I don't have a good camera to take pictures of the output, though.

The output is obviously better than my halogen projectors with an hid kit.

Last edited by Fowleri; March 12th, 2018, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
                No, not retrofit. Replacement OEM headlight. Or was your model not available with LED headlamps until the refresh facelift? [IMG]https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/qpwAAOSw9IpXyxkt/s-l1600.jpg[IMG]
                I have 2014 Mazda 6 Touring with tech package. The mazda 6 usually comes in

- Sport
                - Touring
                - Touring tech
                - Grand Touring
                - Grand Touring tech

My mazda 6 has pretty much all the same things the 2014 Grand Touring has, except for the headlights and some other features. I have leatherette seats and the GT comes with "leather", but is actually leather inserts with leatherette on the sides.

The refresh happened in 2016 and that's when they came out with LED headlamps. My aftermarket headlights are an imitation of the 2016 design. I just didn't like the 2014 design as much as the 2016. Here is the 2014 design.

Comment

Working...
                X