Infiniti G37 Sedan MLED Retrofit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infiniti G37 Sedan MLED Retrofit

So I spent the weekend doing a retrofit on a car that I am supposed to drive in winter...heh. Anyway, I was actually able to live with the factory projectors with a premium bulb (Philips Extreme Ultinons) when it was NA with bolt-ons for a few months. After I turbo'd the car recently, I did a few rips at night with the newly found power and it felt somewhat like I was about to drive off a cliff...

Power + Acceleration + Speed definitely calls for better lighting...obviously...lol

Lighting specs:
    2011 G37XS Headlight
    Morimoto MLED Projectors (Flipped-Chip)
    XSB LED Strip

Other Lights:
    Morimoto ModPod LED Switchbacks
    Morimoto LED Fogs

The retrofitting process was pretty straight forward... The factory bracket needed a little trimming, and just had enough meat on the projector to bolt it down with larger washers. It holds it just good enough, but I still ended up putting small dabs of JB Weld on the hardware just to be safe.

I'll get better beam pattern pics once I drive the car again... The wall shot is at an angle, thus hotspot looks different in case anyone is wondering.

1485+ WHP PTE Pro-Mod 94mm Supra TT (STi-R Lens/75w/XB 6500K)
    1128 WHP GTW3476 TT Camry V6 3.3L (TL-R / Philips XV)
    952 WHP PTE 6870 '94 Supra TT AT ATFSpeed (4TL-R / Osram CBH)
    625 WHP GT28RS TT '11 Infiniti G37XS (Morimoto M-LED)
    515 WHP GTW 62mm Lexus IS300 (MD2S 3.0 / 4TL-R / Philips X-Ultinon)
    Dynamotorsports.ca

G37 projectors are quite good, but they tend to burn quickly. Sounds like your bowls were toast. My friend's 30k G37S had toasty bowls with OEM bulbs. Crazy.

Love that front end!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Your signature has some crazy power results lol.
      Sweet retro.
      IMO bi-led projectors leave a little more to desired.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments! Just checked the bowls on my old G37 projectors, and the bowls are a bit worn. Its not too bad, but I see a bit or burning. It should be a drastic improvement with this retro
        Dynamotorsports.ca

Comment

Can you talk more about how you mounted it to the stock bracket? Did you just fab up some plates or was it bolt in? I also have a G and have been contemplating going LED.

Comment

I too would love some more detailed info as to how you did it. Looks great.

Comment

When your Camry makes more horsepower than most peoples' "race cars"
              Originally posted by HK45
              I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

No custom brackets were made, so the M-LED projectors were bolted onto the factory brackets. The M-LED projector backing plate was just big enough for larger washers, and the bolt holes you see on the picture (3 screws) are factory screws. Additional washers were added behind the projector just for spacing.

Minor trimming on both the factory bracket as well as the M-LED projector was needed to fit. It's not complicated, so any retrofitter will know what to do the moment you have the factory bracket on one hand, and the M-LED projector on the other
                Dynamotorsports.ca

Comment

So it looks like you essentially made clamps holding the projector in place around the edges? Very interesting

Comment

Originally posted by sportyaccordy View Post
                    So it looks like you essentially made clamps holding the projector in place around the edges? Very interesting
                    Yup, the washers are squeezing the projector together, and there are 3 points holding them so it doesn't move anywhere
                    Dynamotorsports.ca

Comment

Working...
                    X