1996 Integra DB8 Retrofit Project - Slowest Retrofit Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danteisme View Post
    Does anyone know what the diameter of the S2K AP1 lens is? Or what thickness the OEM spacer is?
    I had read from prior threads that TRS folks have recommended using cardstock if a lens spacer can't be had. You can experiment with different thickness spacers to see which one works.

Regarding the D2S connector at the back of the housing: At the very least, I would devise a tent around the connector so water won't drip/splash onto it and make its way into the headlight housing.

Regarding the output with the headlight housing lens on: It is possible that after polishing the housing lens, the output won't be the same. The reason is that the index of refraction of the polycarbonate housing lens, together with whatever curvature/angle it makes relative to your projector, may serve as another lens that alter the beam as a whole, or alter them differently enough for the different color spectra. Of the posts I've seen here, the biggest effect from housing lens comes from clear glass lens instead of polycarbonate. So, maybe you're ok in that regard.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

I agree, I will definitely put something together to protect the connector. Its just the stupid angle on this particular one that makes it very difficult to connect to the bulb.

Comment

So, i'm going to get some D2S plugs and cut and splice onto what i have now so the plug is at a useful angle., and i think i'm going to pick up one of these kits too: https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-Headligh...c/402063552217

I tried scrubbing my headlight lenses, they're pretty bad. They are starting to yellow, and there is over spray all over them from who knows what project. I did some research of what other integra owners have done, and I like the results they got. I plan to sand down the inside and the outside of these housings to clean them up. i'm also going to try and sand out those lines on the low beam as well.

I think the route I’m going to take will be to polish the inside of the lens with the compound in the kit, and then re-spray the outside with 2K clear coat. And for protecting the plug and bulb, I’m going to borrow an idea from a member on honda-tech (might be on here too?). I think this is a good solution.

http://johnwalterpowell.com/projects...tegra/0251.jpg

http://johnwalterpowell.com/projects...tegra/0250.jpg

Comment

Looks reasonable. When passing the D2S cable back into the housing like that, there's a chance that some residual strain may pull the projector in one direction, possibly affecting yaw or pitch aim. Hopefully you have enough space and cable slack for that approach.
          Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Going with a different wiring approach so I don’t have to drill into the side of the housing, hopefully should be able to start that soon. Finished up the housings though, I sanded the 3 lines out from the factory headlights so now I have clear lenses for the low beams.
            Now I need to finish the body work on the car so I can get it back on the road and try these things out somewhere else other than my garage wall…

Comment

Working...
            X