2016 Honda Accord SC430 Retrofit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Honda Accord SC430 Retrofit

Finally getting around to starting my retrofit. I'm a huge fan of dedicated low beam projectors so I stocked up on a few of my faves. SC430, S2000, RX330, and Acura RL's. After months of testing them all and finally biting the bullet to by a second set of headlights I decided to go with the SC430's and Prisma Line E30 lenses. And this is why

Okay first order of business, opening the headlight. Luckily even though the stock Honda Accord headlights are permaseal they came off easy. 15 minutes in the oven and about 5 minutes of prying and they were off. Just took a few pictures of the internals/DRL LEDS.
    The accord actually uses the LED's on two areas that Feed into two different acrylic rods. If you see them on the road the front half is brighter using two LED's and the top side uses one led

Also order a diode dynamics 12 inch HD Amber led strip. I'm going to see how it would look here

Thought about the SB version but not 100% sure the white from diode would match the OEM LED DRL's

That's where the two acrylic rods split

I am going to use the nut and bolt method of mounting and so far I was lucky I could use one of the three factory mounts making this that much easier

I ended up adding three more mounting point just to sure things up

First side done.

To be continued.....
    Last edited by Pklemm; October 23rd, 2016, 06:58 AM.

Oh snap those are sexy!
    2006 Chevy Cobalt - SRX Bi-xenon/Denso 35w
    2011 GMC Terrain V6 - 4TL-R retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by FSanti87
      Oh snap those are sexy!
      Thanks! I had a tough time choosing between the S2000's and the SC430's. In the end the SC430's looked to mount easier as the performance between the two are similar, giving a slight edge to the S2000 IMO.

Comment

That's gonna be a sweet retro

Comment

Looking forward to finished pics

Comment

Originally posted by shawnuff
            That's gonna be a sweet retro
            Thanks!

Originally posted by Nuvolari
            Looking forward to finished pics
            Me too! haha

Comment

Took a break from the retrofit today and added an Xchange Switchback driver to my Honda Accord allowing the turn signal to flash with the OEM DRL off. This is how Honda should have done it!

Also as a side note. If anyone is more familiar with these Xchange drives than I am I have a question. So after installing these everything worked except when my headlights come on the DRL use to dim and now it just shuts completely off. I'm guessing these drivers work off of a ground switch and since the dim and full power mode on the DRL share the same ground, I'm wondering since I'm using that ground to shut off the DRL with the blinker if that's what's causing the dim mode to just completely shut off.

Regardless here's the video

This is without the Switchback Driver

Last edited by Pklemm; October 23rd, 2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

So how does that differ from stock? The DRL was on constantly even while with the turn signal on?
                2013 Grand Caravan. LS460s + RX350s.

Comment

Originally posted by lowfat
                  So how does that differ from stock? The DRL was on constantly even while with the turn signal on?
                  Yes. I should have added this video that I posted with the other. Updated that first video post.

Comment

So is that just an HID kit in the stock halogen projectors?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvolari
                      So is that just an HID kit in the stock halogen projectors?
                      TL-R. Drop ins until I finish the SC430's. Than try to sell the TL-R headlights to someone on the accord forum

Comment

Looks good.
                        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Alright so I haven't done too much in the last week other than strip the OEM sealant from the lens. I did however finally start to trim, fire up and start to tune the other SC430 tonight. Unfortunately I now regret not doing this early because after trimming the OEM mounts I decided to fire up the projector. Upon firing it up I notice not only did I not space it enough, I also noticed the cutoff looked a little funny. So I finally got the projector tuned with the proper spacing and it the cutoff issues wasn't as noticeable. It was different than the other and not to my liking. Not sure how this happened although how it is in these photo is better than what it was as I lightly sanded some areas down to smooth out the cutoff as it was more jagged. Now well all this was going on I decided to order a full SC430 headlight assembly I found on eBay for $70 plus $25 shipping. So pretty good deal on that but my question to you guys. Am I over reacting??

Good SC430

Exposure dropped

Bad cutoff

Haha I was having trouble getting a straight picture

Exposure dropped

Some of the photos were taken outside and at a further distance. As I was further away it didn't look as noticeable but up close it was apparent.

Comment

Alright headlight came in early (supposed to arrive Monday).

Pop this bad boys in the oven for 12 minutes at 260 and wull-ah they are opened. Easy as butyl!

Now time to release them from the housing and check the bowl
                            Looks good to me.

Now the all important part fingers crossed this cutoff is better than the previous one.

Oh sh*t it is

Hopefully soon I'll start to trim these as I did the last two.

Comment

Pictures aren't working in your latest post, as well as the last two photos in your previous post.
                              Loving your progress. That cutoff is sexy. Good work!

EDIT: dang phone must have decided not to load those pictures. My bad! They do work.

Comment

Working...
                              X