2007 F150 Mini H1/Matchbox Retro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 F150 Mini H1/Matchbox Retro

Did a simple retro on my F150 a couple years ago with a set of old Mini H1s and Matchbox fogs. Had a few issues with condensation and the shields falling off, but took it all apart and fixed it.

Pics.

Comment

Comment

Matchboxes

Comment

I fixed the bowing by adjusting the drivers bulb. It's all good now.

Comment

Comment

Your truck is amazing. Very good job, man!!!

Comment

Wow I bet you see everything on the back roads with all those lights lol. Besides the driver side rotation being a little off, looks awesome.
                *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks guys. I got the projectors back in 2011, so I'm not sure what version of Mini I have, but it was a good introduction into retrofitting.
                  All the lights in the middle have been converted to 5000k H1 35w also. I think I need some higher quality bulbs and ballasts, but its 5x the light the 100w halogens were.

Comment

Man you must live in a pitch black area. If you were driving behind me I would think you are a serial killer who roams the woods at night.

Comment

Lol Alaska doesn't have a ton of lights outside of the towns. Basically no highway lighting anywhere. That pic was taken under the cutoff on purpose, but oncoming traffic never sees it. (unless they have pNp HIDs....)

Comment

Yeah, to me, the left rotation is off a little bit. What do most people do in this case? Leave them as is, or have them fixed? I'm just wondering because I wouldn't know what the downside to this would be..just looking off or actually blinding people ahead of you?

Comment

That's how my EvoX-Rs are

Comment

Your rotation is pretty significantly off. You won't blind oncoming traffic, but you may blind people in the lanes to the right of you. I'd fix it. But it's not major really, so if you left it alone it wouldn't be the biggest deal. Thankfully, adjusting rotation with the Mini H1s that are installed using the threaded shaft is easier than most.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                            2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Working...
                            X