No announcement yet.

2014 Ford Focus MD2S 3.0 (TLF Redux)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rebelx - the shroud choice comment was directed to you, lol. And yup, if you do not want razor sharp, you will need to go to a fresnel lens option - for now, you could possibly aim your headlights up just a tad to get some more distance lighting.
    2010 Civic Si

Comment

The cooler color bulbs just don't do well on dark wet Tarmac.

Comment

I drove a car with 6000K, maybe 6500K bulbs before, visibility was pretty poor at night on dark tarmac. Even 5000K, which is still pretty cool, is far far better on the same roads.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by csjoh View Post
          Finally he has decent lighting! I love the paper cutout for the shroud trimming, but would be wary of using it for more open applications, as there is potential for light bleed. I think. I'd love to be proven wrong, however, and shown that this method works for all applications.
          Since the shroud was already not covering the entire projector opening, light bleed was to too much of a concern since it would be inevitable in this application. Could it work on other applications? With adjustments to the process, I could see it possibly working. Guess I'll have to give it a try on my next retro :-)
          *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
            Haha the untold truths of a HID retro. It took me a little bit to get used to the cutoff on my FX-Rs. I still watch the cutoff bouncing when I drive lol. As for HID in the rain, I can't say I have an issue with that because quads shine(literally) in this department. teheeheehohohohohahahaha
            I think I should have had you do quads

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvolari View Post
              The cooler color bulbs just don't do well on dark wet Tarmac.
              I think I'll be stepping down to 4500k when these 55k bulbs wear out.

Comment

looks good.

Comment

Clean AF!!
                  1999 LR Discovery II XS 4.0L V8 auto - Halogen

2012 Ford Figo TDCi - E46 projectors - XB35 ballasts - 4300k Bosch D2S bulbs - G37R shrouds - BIXENON stickers - H4 Mori wiring

Comment

Working...
                  X