Fx-R projectors apear dim compared to mini H1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fx-R projectors apear dim compared to mini H1

I installed FX-R Morimoto projectors from the retrofit source in a 2005 F150 headlights and they turned out great. I also installed Mini H1 projectors into my fog lights and they turned out good also but the fog lights(Mini H1) appear a lot brighter than the headlights(FX-R). I know the light from the heads will go over the fog lights and make them appear brighter but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I have tried everything possible to fix this problem because its very annoying. I have spoken with theretrofitsource for days over email and even purchased some bulbs from them but the problem continues. Ive checked bulb alignment, switched ballast, changed bulbs, looked for obstructions and chipped chrome on the reflector bowls. Ive also googled this problem and haven't had much luck finding a problem. I know the Fx-R are suppose to be the best and what everybody recommends but seems like I'm having a small problem. besides this problem everything has worked great but I really would like to resolve this problem. Any advice would be Great!!!
    Attached Files

Wow! So what bulbs are you using in the FX-R's? They are know to have problems with aftermarket bulbs and that could be compounded by the fact that some of TRS bulbs are crooked.
    Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

Originally posted by ImagioX1 View Post
      Wow! So what bulbs are you using in the FX-R's? They are know to have problems with aftermarket bulbs and that could be compounded by the fact that some of TRS bulbs are crooked.
      I originally had the super vision hid brand in the FX-R but when I had the problem I got the 3Five brand from the retrofitsource but I still have the super vision brand in my mini H1 fog lights and they are brighter.

Comment

Your bulbs don't look to be seated right. Notice the hotspots just below the MH1 cutoffs , your FX-Rs don't have those hotspots. I think the bulbs have to be tilted upward to bring the hotspots down.
        How to: 04-08 F150 OEM headlights FX-R Projector HID retrofit, link below
        http://www.f150online.com/forums/200...-retrofit.html

06 F-150 King Ranch 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by powerz69 View Post
          Your bulbs don't look to be seated right. Notice the hotspots just below the MH1 cutoffs , your FX-Rs don't have those hotspots. I think the bulbs have to be tilted upward to bring the hotspots down.
          I'm pretty sure the bulbs are flush. But that could be possible that it's giving the effect that the fxr are dim since the mh1 has hot spots. But going down the road with just the fxr on they seem really dim.

Comment

Do a lowbem and highbeam shot to see where your hotspots are. Like it was said depends on how the bulbs were made.
            How to: 04-08 F150 OEM headlights FX-R Projector HID retrofit, link below
            http://www.f150online.com/forums/200...-retrofit.html

06 F-150 King Ranch 4X4

Comment

What type of bulb base is on the FX-R? The rainbow like flares seem to suggest that the dim spots below the cutoff are the hotspot, but the intensity is too low. Is it a D2R?
              Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by powerz69 View Post
                Correct.
                Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

Need help? Contact us - Email: info@lightwerkz.net

HID Retrofits l Halos l Lens Restorations l Repairs l Installations

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

Comment

+1. Bulbs aren't seated properly. Hotspots are completely off - IMHO they look to be above the cutoff/steps - which is why you see that yellowish-green ring in the dead center

OEM Headlamps | TL Bi-Xenon | Osram D2S CBI 5,000K | Gatling Gun
                  Matsushita Gen V Ballasts | 9006 Morimoto MotoControl Harness

Comment

+1 on all the hotspot stuff, esp your drivers side hotspot, ts non-existent.

Comment

They are D2S

Comment

Working...
                      X