Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can only judge by the rx350 I had and the TL's I had. Rx 350 is better than the TL lowbeam and the Tl's high beam is the best of them all. Ls460 have the best lowbeam but high beam sucks.
    Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

I found a cheap he alight from a ls460, one is 80 and one is 90 both are free shipping......hummmm

wondering if it's worth the extra $50. Plus a clear lens and somebody to tune and mod them.

Also waiting for a reply to see if they come with clear shrouds or chrome cause I want clear
      Originally posted by nine44
      350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
        +1
        Wider and brighter are not necessarily better. It depends on the relative and absolute intensity of the beam. An even beam on the wall does not translate to even illumination of objects ahead.
        using some experience from another field of lighting, i disagree somewhat. every now and then, i work with theatrical lighting such as ellipsoidals. these fixtures have a bulb and lens focus to ensure an even beam pattern. we use a wall of a similar distance to the area to be lit to help focus the bulb. most of the time, about 95%, what we focus on the wall will translate when we focus over the desired area at a distance.
        My Retrofits:
        Classic Mini HID Retrofit #2 (January 2012 ROTM)
        Classic Mini LED Retrofit
        Lance Venice HID Retrofit
        Honda Grom HID Retrofit (May 2014 ROTM)

Comment

^
          I'm referring to the perspective mapping from the plane surface of a wall shot to the road. Frederik has a thread where he does a grid map of even grids on the road to a virtual wall. There were also features that emulated road shoulders.
          Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

^ Link to Frederik's thread already in post #35 of this thread.
            2014 Corolla - OEM LED Low / HIR1 High / X5 LED Fogs

2000 Corolla - RX350 EU (STi-R)/Mitsubishi Gen 2/NHK 5500K or Osram 66040

Comment

yes, i read that post when originally posted. very good writeup. all i'm saying is, based on personal use of lighting in both car and professional lighting, an even field of light on the wall will transpose to the ground. yes, you want the hotspots in the key locations as mentioned in the posted write up, however if a projector is able to produce a proper hotspot then have an even spread of light throughout the remainder of the beam pattern, it will yield a more even wash of light.
              My Retrofits:
              Classic Mini HID Retrofit #2 (January 2012 ROTM)
              Classic Mini LED Retrofit
              Lance Venice HID Retrofit
              Honda Grom HID Retrofit (May 2014 ROTM)

Comment

i want a fair compare between tl and rx350, so i edit the color of the tl matched the color of rx350, no thing else changes.
                so here is the color matched TL with ZKW-R Lens:
                tl bixenon ZKW-R Lens.jpgRX350 (AFS) sti-r.jpg
                and rx350

Comment

It seems to me that the RX350 has a more intense hotspot than the TL which could be beneficial for high beams.

Mini d2s - 3.0

Comment

From my testing the rx350's hotspot is way more intense than the Tl's.
                    Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

pictures speak for themselves, I don't need to comment any more, as I have no financial benefit to promo one projector over other..............
                      I had tested pretty much all of the oem projectors worth a damn myself.......

Comment

The hot spot is better but I think the beam is not as intense all around the wall
                        Originally posted by nine44
                        350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

You want it intense and even on the road.
                          2014 Corolla - OEM LED Low / HIR1 High / X5 LED Fogs

2000 Corolla - RX350 EU (STi-R)/Mitsubishi Gen 2/NHK 5500K or Osram 66040

Comment

I figured you guys would have kept the camera angle and everything in the same spot for all the pictures. Having that slight perspective difference changes perception.

Comment

No LS460-R pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by Thomassino View Post
                                No LS460-R pictures?

TRS have LS430, LS460 and LS460R in hand, i am sure of it, why they decided not to show them make me wonder as well. I can speculate, but i should not.
                                You can even see them in the first page where all those projectors been tested.

Comment

Working...
                                X