X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ilikecars View Post
    I've still never seen a comparison of the two that showed anything good
    The problem with tls is they put too much in the air. I can promise you rx350s have excellent output
    AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Vasilis2 View Post
      Is there a difference in output between Fx-r 2.5'' and 3.0''?
      I think TRS claims there is no difference in output at all...
      So what's the deal here?
      kozera had some pictures showing the 2.5" and 3" ones in the same picture in both high and low beam, and it did look like the 2.5" had marginally better output if I'm remembering right, but for the most part they're the same. His post should be around here somewhere.

99 Dodge Durango SLT SelecTrac (NV242) 4WD 5.2L Magnum V8 Build Thread
      FX-R Retrofit - Picture Thread

2014 Dodge Charger R/T Awd

Comment

I like to remind people that wall shot and on road performance is not the same thing!

Comment

All the 2.5" vs 3" FX-R pics I've seen suggest the 2.5" has a better output. Which would make sense if the 3" version was an afterthought and thrown together just to have the look of a larger lens.

Comment

There is a good thread by Frederik on how wall shots translate to road beam pattern.
            A good read/refresher for anyone looking at/judging wall shots.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ht-really-goes
            Last edited by regindennis; August 10th, 2014, 08:30 PM.
            2014 Corolla - OEM LED Low / HIR1 High / X5 LED Fogs

2000 Corolla - RX350 EU (STi-R)/Mitsubishi Gen 2/NHK 5500K or Osram 66040

Comment

glad to see the tl gen3 is still comes out strong. in my opinion, it's still king of the bi-xenon's.
              My Retrofits:
              Classic Mini HID Retrofit #2 (January 2012 ROTM)
              Classic Mini LED Retrofit
              Lance Venice HID Retrofit
              Honda Grom HID Retrofit (May 2014 ROTM)

Comment

Originally posted by Gtus View Post
                I like to remind people that wall shot and on road performance is not the same thing!
                to a certain extent especially for throw. for width, projected light will not magically appear on the road if not present on the wall.

the wall shot is a good way to compare a to b as it's easily distinguishable without the need for diagrams or renderings.
                My Retrofits:
                Classic Mini HID Retrofit #2 (January 2012 ROTM)
                Classic Mini LED Retrofit
                Lance Venice HID Retrofit
                Honda Grom HID Retrofit (May 2014 ROTM)

Comment

I sure hope the rx350s are better cause I'm racking up more and more money
                  Originally posted by nine44
                  350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

I sure hope the rx350s are better cause I'm racking up more and more money
                    If you got space go with the LS460R's. Guaranteed no regret.
                    Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

I would never, i repeat never speak $500 on projectors
                      350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

I would never, i repeat never speak $500 on projectors
                        Me neither lol!
                        Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

Originally posted by pwr2wh8 View Post
                          to a certain extent especially for throw. for width, projected light will not magically appear on the road if not present on the wall.

the wall shot is a good way to compare a to b as it's easily distinguishable without the need for diagrams or renderings.
                          When i started on this hobby, i used to think mini d2s 2.0 look better than tuned rx330 from wall shots, because i did not know any better

To people who knows, and know what to look for in a wall shot, sure, they have enough experience and knowledge to know how to compare, analyse and translate to real world performance.

I want to warn the inexperienced or new comers, do lots of research around here before making a conclusion.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gtus View Post
                            I want to warn the inexperienced or new comers, do lots of research around here before making a conclusion.....
                            +1
                            Wider and brighter are not necessarily better. It depends on the relative and absolute intensity of the beam. An even beam on the wall does not translate to even illumination of objects ahead.
                            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

So you guys are saying that rx350s looked better then the TL? I think my TL has good distance.

So my question for the pros. Best projector RX350 bi-xenon, or LS460 low beam (can't find any the better ones for a decent price)

I currently have TLs and don't like the job done (merging cutoffs and shooty job) oh and can't forget the cut open housings. So looking for a cleaner retrofit and for that i'd need projectors without no giant monster at the bottom of the projector. I can fit a bi-xenon so that's not the big issue. I just want the best output. Both will be tuned and maybe with a clear lense, still not sold on them after my TLs
                              350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

The ls460s have a high beam but it isn't much. It's like modded rx330s
                                AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                                X