2.5 inch fx-r 4300k RHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5 inch fx-r 4300k RHD

just completed one headlight, thought il share some photos.
    and yes there right hand drive, i live in Australia!!
    IMG_1004.jpgIMG_1005.jpgIMG_1006.jpgIMG_1007.jpgIMG_1008.jpg

Great color & Nice shots!. Btw which bulb do you use?. It looks like right side cutoff is little bowed. Me also from country with RHD. When using with Philips 85122+ mine cutoff bowed like your's but it gone with Osram Nightbreaker.
    Morimoto FX-R 3.0, Denso Slim, Osram 66240 Nightbreaker, E46-R, 80mm XBled Angel eye

Comment

I cant honestly tell you what setup i have i just brought a kit off mick Australian seller and im over the moon with the clarity and quality of his stuff i would recomend him to any aussie who wants to do a retrofit, considering most people use pnp kits, wankers! and reflectors are a big no no with hids but everyone does it, to solve that i turn my 180watt light bar on them haha!
      Last edited by vnv8calais; May 14th, 2014, 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling! doh

Comment

Originally posted by vnv8calais View Post
        considering most people use pnp kits, wankers! and reflectors are a big no no with hids but everyone does it, to solve that i turn my 180watt light bar on them haha!
        Great. I really hate HIDs on halogen reflector. I wish to distroy them with but i can't lol!
        Morimoto FX-R 3.0, Denso Slim, Osram 66240 Nightbreaker, E46-R, 80mm XBled Angel eye

Comment

Im glad im not the only one!!!

Comment

It could just be the pictures, but it appears like the hotspot is a tad low. The horizontal "arm" on the right side should be slightly higher, almost half of it above the cutoff. That should reduce foreground and increase distance lighting quite a bit.
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Also its not mounted in the car its sitting on the ute fold down tray for testing and for some photos hehe !

Comment

Also its not mounted in the car its sitting on the ute fold down tray for testing and for some photos hehe !
                Ok. But the relative position of the hotspot to the cutoff, which seem a bit low, might be affected by where it sits only if something is tugging the D2S bulb's end. Otherwise, it should be the same.
                Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Nice! Could use a slight tweaking but still very nice!

Comment

I cant honestly tell you what setup i have i just brought a kit off mick Australian seller and im over the moon with the clarity and quality of his stuff i would recomend him to any aussie who wants to do a retrofit, considering most people use pnp kits, wankers! and reflectors are a big no no with hids but everyone does it, to solve that i turn my 180watt light bar on them haha!
                    The bulbs are CN light from memory I don't think you bought Osrams. I would have to check that. lol With the FX Rs sometimes you need to shave a little out where the bulb sits to get them 100% but it's actually easier to file down a little of the bulb holder on the bulb if it does touch. I personally don't think it's worth touching though. The only tweak you would need to do is just move he bulb a little like Satrya said.

A lot of people on this forum get more excited about output on a wall then the true outputs of the projectors. lol

Comment

Did you make replacement lenses? (assuming these are fitted to the car in your username)

Comment

Originally posted by MAD View Post
                        Did you make replacement lenses? (assuming these are fitted to the car in your username)
                        Who are you talking to mad ? Have you had any trouble with the cops with ur falcon ?

Comment

Originally posted by MAD View Post
                          No Paul there going in a VX with clear lenses.

Comment

Who are you talking to mad ? Have you had any trouble with the cops with ur falcon ?
                            He was referring to your username thinking they where going in the VN which has defused lenses.

Comment

Yep, as Mick said.

Haven't had any trouble yet.
                              Been through a few booze buses too.

Comment

Working...
                              X