Black spot issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black spot issue

I just got Spyder projector headlights (I know, I know) and I saw photos from another person with the exact same lights for the same car and his beam and cutoff was much better than mine.

When driving I can barely see the road and instead of a "step" there's a shadow or hole in the center, which is huge and visible on the road, and the reason I can hardly see.

I'm very new to projectors and any help would be much appreciated.

Here's his output (minus his horrible glare and uneven aim, much brighter wider, and better cutoff)

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/...ps84a12346.jpg

And here's mine with HIDs, (the halogens were even worse, so it was necessary)

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/...psddc9dbf5.jpg

On mine it looks like I have a step, but its only because I was parked diagonally, its actually a black half circle directly in the center (on both right and left lights)

I literally don't think you could have taken a worst picture.

That being said, considering the inconsistencies are on both sides (still the same beam pattern with halogens..?) I'm assuming not only is there a burned spot on the bowl.. shadow in the middle of the beam.. but there might be a weird defect on the cutoff shield. Aka, no step lol.
    2012 Volkswagen Golf R. 2016 Ford Fiesta ST

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Lol chevymalibuforum ?
      AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by wireless View Post
        I literally don't think you could have taken a worst picture.

That being said, considering the inconsistencies are on both sides (still the same beam pattern with halogens..?) I'm assuming not only is there a burned spot on the bowl.. shadow in the middle of the beam.. but there might be a weird defect on the cutoff shield. Aka, no step lol.
        You know burnt bowls. He did get them used. If someone used HIDs, there is a good chance the bowls are burnt
        AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Sorry for the bad photo, and you'd think "used - very good" condition wouldn't mean defective. Are they at a total loss? Is there no way to repair the burnt bowl? I'll just attempt to return them if its a loss.

And sorry again for the terrible picture, I didn't realize it was that bad.

Comment

The cheapest way is to just buy a new bowl or if you can stic a mini h1 projector in there

Comment

Can't repair burnt bowls. Spyder projectors really aren't meant to be used with HIDs lol. They're too small
              2012 Volkswagen Golf R. 2016 Ford Fiesta ST

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

They typically have crappy halogen projectors to begin with. Once you throw an aftermarket HID bulb in there, it's just time until the uv from the bulbs, burns the bowls. Maybe that's why they were returned or sold back to amazon, because the bowls were going
                AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Well thanks for all your input, I guess I'll try to return them because I don't have any extra money to put into faulty lights I already paid 200$ for. If I can't return then I guess I'm stuck with em.

Comment

You should be able to use a RetroQuick kit from TRS to swap in some Mini H1s. They work a lot better than Spyder's crappy projectors they use and they're bi-xenon. The bi-xenon function plus the halogen high beams should give you quite a bit of light.

Comment

Originally posted by kcg795 View Post
                      You should be able to use a RetroQuick kit from TRS to swap in some Mini H1s. They work a lot better than Spyder's crappy projectors they use and they're bi-xenon. The bi-xenon function plus the halogen high beams should give you quite a bit of light.
                      Oh yeah thats true op that would make your life easier

Comment

@OP
                        If you like the headlight housing, how about putting some value projectors from TRS? A B-stock Mini H1 v6.0 must be much better than that... for ~$60.
                        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Looks like the bulbs themselves don't fit/align properly.

Comment

Op if you decide to actually use the minis I can sell you a pair of minis, ballast, shrouds and bulbs for 85

Comment

I'd be interested in the retrofit, but I have no clue how to go about doing it, if it's a direct fit or not. My headlight itself is really large so I don't think space would be an issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X