X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok so whats the deal here

With the shadow in the steps
    They are stock projectors on a 4runner and its driving me mad seeing it lol

Any advice at correting it would be awesome. Could it just need a little tweak on the drivers side horizontally towards towards the passenger side

I dont see an issue. The projectors aren't that wide. It's how it is supposed to look.

Comment

Originally posted by nubnubz3215 View Post
      I dont see an issue. The projectors aren't that wide. It's how it is supposed to look.
      Hmmm just seems off to me conpared to other 4runners of the same year that dont have that but you guys would know better then me thats for sure

Thanks for the response time to lurk the eye candy in this site and see what opinions are posted in the mean time.

Comment

Try parking a bit farther away from the wall.
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
          Try parking a bit farther away from the wall.
          agreed
          Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

Wouldn't have mattered its the same at distance also

Here I took some more at distance

Showing the distance from wall

Hard to pick it uo with camera phone but in person itsbthebsame as the first pic

Zoomed in from inside car u can see it

Last edited by tas0918; September 7th, 2013, 11:31 PM.

Comment

It's just that the car doesnt have very good projectors and the light doesnt spread far enough along the top to reach the other step.

Comment

the projectors just dont spread light wide. nothing wrong here
                Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

They look like typical halogen projectors, narrow

Comment

To the OP - Using aftermarket bulbs? I am pretty sure it's a hotspot issue. Bulb is probably not aligned properly.

It's just that the car doesnt have very good projectors and the light doesnt spread far enough along the top to reach the other step.
                    That's the easy answer from your part. It's also a lot of BS. ANY projector, halogen or HID should have no problem lighting up to the other step. If you'll also notice, his passenger side projector goes MUCH further than the length to another step, so that pretty much invalidates what you posted lol.

Originally posted by michael.kozera View Post
                    the projectors just dont spread light wide. nothing wrong here
                    Something is wrong here. A projector should easily be able to light up 3ft in both directions from it's step.

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                    How do you know they're halogens? I'm not familiar with the 4runners, but even so..
                    2012 Volkswagen Golf R. 2016 Ford Fiesta ST

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                      x2.
                      RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

Originally posted by wireless View Post

That's the easy answer from your part. It's also a lot of BS. ANY projector, halogen or HID should have no problem lighting up to the other step. If you'll also notice, his passenger side projector goes MUCH further than the length to another step, so that pretty much invalidates what you posted lol.

If you actually look closely at the picture, the two projectors are the same. Get out a ruler if you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by wireless View Post
                          Something is wrong here. A projector should easily be able to light up 3ft in both directions from it's step.

not if its halogen
                          Last edited by gold94corolla; September 8th, 2013, 02:08 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Comment

Originally posted by michael.kozera View Post

not if its halogen
                            Was that meant to be a quote?

Comment

Was that meant to be a quote?
                              It is now... I fixed it lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X