This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osram CBI vs SVS Output Comparison Pics

This is a repost from another thread, but it's so good I had to put it together in one new stickied thread

Originally posted by stealth2 View Post
    Btw, do you know this comparison http://blog.mercedes-benz-passion.co...-im-vergleich/

CBI:

SVS:

CBI:

SVS:
    Originally posted by kevo View Post
    Great link. I also have SVS, and have not tried CBI, and my SVS look just like these.

I messed around in Photoshop to combine the images. No alteration was made to color/brightness/contrast etc.

Low Beam

CBI on left and SVS on right:

SVS on left, CBI on right:

High Beam

CBI on left and SVS on right:

SVS on left, CBI on right:

Case concluded For me, CBI looks like driving with a tinted windscreen. Glad I got SVS.
    I hope this helps aid future purchases of these amazing bulbs

For you Sean...

CBI

SVS

CBI

SVS

CBI

SVS
    Credit goes to Marc Christiansen of Mercedes-Benz-Passion.com. Thanks to stealth2 for finding this.
    Last edited by JL-KA; November 23rd, 2012, 04:56 PM.

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

I think it's the clarity of objects in the distance that's better with the SVS. Like it's easier to make out each individual stick on the right side. Must be the color difference. It's definitely solidified my choice for my next retro though.

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

May I ask why does everybody likes the SVS so much ? In the pictures they do seem the same to me, except for the color temperature.

Comment

Both the SVS and CBI are brighter than any other bulb, and they have better optics. It comes down to color preference which bulb to get. The SVS is a bit brighter, as any 4300k bulb is brighter than it's corresponding 5000k bulb.

Comment

Full size pics "Photoshopped"
            Same as before - no alterations to brightness, contrast etc..just joined the two together.

It looks like the original picture taker has halogen high beams coming on with his bi-xenon highs...you can see the yellow light on the trees in the distance on both CBI and SVS pictures. This would explain the more dramatic differences in output in low beam only.
            It is very noticeable in the "CBI left - SVS right" shot. The distant illumination of the road is much yellower than the foreground.

Low Beam

SVS left - CBI right

CBI left - SVS right

High Beam

SVS left - CBI right

CBI left - SVS right

Last edited by kevo; November 23rd, 2012, 11:59 PM.

Comment

I'm glad I chose the SVS. I really like this bulb, especially in the rain when I still see my beam clearly unlike my old 85122+.
              2008 Toyota Camry LE I4
              S2K Retrofit Headlight - Osram 66240SVS
              TRD 18 Wheel, Navigation system
              LED-heat-fold Turn Signal Side Mirror w/ JDM Switch
              OEM fog light, integrating to Turn Signal Switch

Comment

Does a 2009 mercedes C class use osram or philips d2s bulbs?? It seems like shifting from stock bulbs to svs would be well worth it...

Comment

09 would probably have been Philips. And those bulbs are nearly 4 years old so they might be due for changing.

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

I got my SVS yesterday, and had them installed today. Boy, people aren't kidding when they say that they look like halogens when they're new. I thought people were over exaggerating, but holy are they yellow. I'll give them some time to break in before deciding if I want to keep these SVS or CBIs.

Comment

I like the SVS; now I generally LOVE the 5000K look of any lights but over the years I have to agree with the warmer natural light being easier on the eyes. Maybe I'm getting old but there's a place for every type of light IMO. For driving I can see the warmer (but brighter) SVS being much easier especially for long distance. I can't wait to redo my retrofit!!!

Comment

Wonder if someone could actually make a video of driving with SVS bulbs.. would be nice to see how it looks like and compare it with other videos that has CBI bulbs instead...

Comment

Here is one i got on a thread i started.

TL's SVS's @ 50w http://youtu.be/1f4gR6yx9_s

Comment

Short clip I took with my SVS bulbs, about 20hrs of use.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EIG4QKoN2g

Comment

Looks good to me. What projectors do you have?

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

Working...
                              X