• Show
Clear All

• The Official HID (& LED) Fail Gallery

post your pics of hid gone wrong

new ford mustang hid kit

jeep halogen vs hid kit glare

dodge charger 8000k hid kit

96 bmw hid kit

ebay halo projectors on a '10 honda civic.

HID kit in a 99 toyota camry ( yes... it's mine... only lasted a few weeks before i learned about retrofits..)

Comment

motorcycle hid kit

some toyota truck kit

8thgencivic reflector hid kit 6000k

ddm 5000k hid kit in mercedes projectors (dont ask)

Comment

Supra PnP HID Kit:

(pic is not underexposed, here is a comparison pic of the same Supra with an S2k retro: http://www.soundkwest.com/archiemr2/...ights/hl_9.jpg )

Prelude HID vs Halogen Glare:

More fail:

2003 Acura CL-S 6MT, TSX Clear Lense Projectors, 85122+ Bulbs

Comment

i'm ashamed to post this. . . . . .

but this was my bike. . . .before i was shown the way

Seriously couldn't see ANYTHING with that kit. . . . (that was when NO ONE had HID's in their cars, i was 19, i thought i was cool)

then my car and my wife's (HID kit vs halogen)

Hers-Sloped TL's, ZKW-R lenses, 85122+, E55-R, fiberglass buckets, Blazer fogs with 3K
          Mine- Morimoto Mini H1's, e55 shrouds, Blazer fogs with 3000K
          Zuma 125 Mini H1, Gatling Gun 2.0, 90mm & 60mm Amber XBLED halos
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/RetroFix

Comment

55 watt kit in a 93 camry with mitsu expo 35 watt kit on right

2007 e90 335i
            //OEM

Comment

Here's something I personally found hilarious. Umnitza, a vendor over at e46fanatics and a pretty well known source for decent quality stuff posted pictures of the light output of a) Depo projector headlights for the e46, b) Depo projector headlights (apparently modified by Umnitza) for the e46, and c) "FX-R" projectors retrofitted in Depo projector headlights for the e46.

Originally posted by umnitza
              Here is a breakdown of the 3 types of outputs of the Projectors we have in the shop.
              1st image, unmodified DEPO E46 housing
              2nd image, modified DEPO housing - now Projector46.
              3rd image, modified Projector46 with FXR

Before you look over the images, some minor observations. Standard DEPO lights have a nice cut off, clean, but they also bleed light below that cut off, so the strength of the central output of light is significantly diminished, causing many people to claim they actually see less with these "projectors" than they did with the halogen lights. This is because they lose a lot of light to bleed/scatter.

Modified P46s that we do, have a cleaner output pattern and send more light into the center of the pattern. The pattern is not as wide or deep and does have the Euro cut off, but it's very clean and provides significant output improvements over stock halogens.

And clearly the FXR is the best of the bunch.

1.*

*This is actually a 6K bulb, just weird exposure. All the photos were taken at the same relative time within 5 minutes of each other.
              It's been a while since my last retrofit...

Swap: ZKW-R lens into Bosch/AL E46 bixenon projector | Swap: STI-R lens into G37 sedan bixenon projector
              2010 Accord retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon) | 2015 Forester retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon)

Comment

6000K ebay specials in Lightning headlamps
                There are two kinds of light - the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures. -James Thurber

1998 Ford F-150 | FX-R 2.1 / Philips 85122XV C1 / Matsushita Gen5 | Philips LumiLEDs | Plasmaglow Fire & Ice

Comment

I was driving on I-75 tonight and couldn't resist taking a pic of this. Look at how high his beam goes up the wall! My beam cuts right through his.

Attached Files

Comment

I think this could be fail as well ( s2000 custom shield + 4300K Philips D2R )

Comment

haha i would hate to drive like that

Comment

Originally posted by hhlt View Post
                        I think this could be fail as well ( s2000 custom shield + 4300K Philips D2R )
                        JVX?

Comment

Not hate ,I was and still little scare any time I look at it ( I called it CLAWS cutoff )
                          JVX ? Lol ,he s not that screw up

Comment

Originally posted by alex.krebiehl View Post
                            I was driving on I-75 tonight and couldn't resist taking a pic of this. Look at how high his beam goes up the wall! My beam cuts right through his.

haha i love messing with guys like that. i like to pull up beside them and flick my brights back and fourth
                            There are two kinds of light - the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures. -James Thurber

1998 Ford F-150 | FX-R 2.1 / Philips 85122XV C1 / Matsushita Gen5 | Philips LumiLEDs | Plasmaglow Fire & Ice

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor05121 View Post
                              haha i love messing with guys like that. i like to pull up beside them and flick my brights back and fourth
                              and most of em are too cheap to buy the bixenons so they only got one beam and cant do anything about it. all they got is on/off not hi/lo/off
                              2014 RAM 1500 Express RCSB 2WD- FX-R/CBI's/50W MORIMOTO
                              1989 Chevy S-10 5 speed

Comment

Working...
                              X