Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morimoto H1 cut off for noob (suggestion requested)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morimoto H1 cut off for noob (suggestion requested)

My first post.

I have been lurking around hidplanet for quite some time now, but I decided to take the plunge!

The retrofit is going to be for my 2015 Silverado LT, meaning halogen model. Ordered up a Morimoto H1 from Retrofit Source (the best), received it today!

I was playing around with the projectors, Id like to get some feed back from pros!

Ok here is the cut off line of stock:

shot with iPhone X
    Its amazing, but i think i can make it a bit better, no?

--------------------

Option A
    So i added #6 washer from home depot at the top only of the 6 screws:

Another pic with Nikon DSLR:

I couldn't stop smiling when i saw the colors!!

---------------------

Option B
    Now, I added #6 washer at the bottom too:

Another pic with Nikon DSLR:

I think it went too far, no?

--------------------

Option C
    TBD

I think it sacrificed the cut-off line sharpness when i added the washer at the bottom. For now I wanna go with Option B.

Any feedback is much much appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Yes, you sacrifice sharpness when you space the lens. Not only that, but you also warp the beam pattern. it's going to bow quite a bit I believe. Color is affected by shield positioning, play with that (forward and back). And good luck with the retro!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
      Yes, you sacrifice sharpness when you space the lens. Not only that, but you also warp the beam pattern. it's going to bow quite a bit I believe. Color is affected by shield positioning, play with that (forward and back). And good luck with the retro!
      Thanks! Ya i figured, just gotta keep trying fine tuning.

I found out that the other projector is showing different than the one above. Ill play with it and post more pics!

Comment

Working...
      X