Morimoto MD2S 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi beam added to original post

And this is actually a question that gets asked....

led in 5.0-1-1-1 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

led in 5.0a-1-1 by Sam Colt, on Flickr
    *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post

Thank you for taking the time to set up, take the pictures, and share them here.
      Sigh, not around much anymore cause there's way more traffic on Facebook but I will never forget my roots.
      *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
        And this is actually a question that gets asked....
        Pattern-wise, it seems that it could be promising if that dark spot could move a bit higher.

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
        Sigh, not around much anymore cause there's way more traffic on Facebook but I will never forget my roots.
        I suppose nothing stays the same...
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

hi, i'm assuming it's due to my lack of experience and untrained eye, but could somebody please circle on one of the output shot pictures where the "dark spot" that i've heard people mention in regards to the d2s 5.0? I have no idea where it's at and I currently have them and am mid install but am concerned for my driving safety if indeed they are that bad then maybe I should return them and get the 4.0's or something better like the G5-R? Coming from factory halogen on my 09 jeep patriot with a 7" round assembly I hope anything is better. Another one of my big general concerns is that using the XB35 5500k bulbs will yield green output regardless of the projector from what i've heard, but I can't get anybody else to confirm this anywhere so I don't know if it's true or not. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by shikyo View Post
            hi, i'm assuming it's due to my lack of experience and untrained eye, but could somebody please circle on one of the output shot pictures where the "dark spot" that i've heard people mention in regards to the d2s 5.0?
            What I termed "dark spot" in post #18 above may not be the same as what others meant in regards to the D2S 5.0. What I meant is the area that would have hit the foreground. Ideally, you want that area to be as dark as possible, because even if the intensity at that area appears uniform relative to its direct left and right (which would have gone to the left and right lanes within 3-7 ft away, such proximity to the driver's eye and the angle in which the beam hits the road can result in a lot of foreground glare.
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

I don’t know if it’s just me or not but I think the 5.0 looks much better than the G5R. Sheer brightness isn’t everything. In some cases extreme brightness can actually hurt your ability to drive at night because your eyes cannot adjust. I know this may sound weird but I can see farther with really dim halogens in my car than I could with the hid projectors in my truck because my eyes were able to adjust better to the darkness. (Albeit they were MH1 6.0 quads and aimed low so the foreground was baaad )

Comment

DOH! Wish I read this before ordering the Mini D2S 5.0 to replace my 4.0's. Hit a deer and busted one headlight/projector and i couldn't find a replacement 4.0 anywhere in LHD so I decided to get two new housings and two new projectors. Agh the G5 looks to be equivalent at 35W to a 50W powered D2S 5.0.
                \

Comment

Originally posted by kelaog1 View Post
                  DOH! Wish I read this before ordering the Mini D2S 5.0 to replace my 4.0's. Hit a deer and busted one headlight/projector and i couldn't find a replacement 4.0 anywhere in LHD so I decided to get two new housings and two new projectors. Agh the G5 looks to be equivalent at 35W to a 50W powered D2S 5.0.
                  \
                  Don’t worry about it. The G5R has pretty bad bowing on the edges and not as good of width because all the light is focused in the center.Not to mention the foreground..

Comment

Working...
                  X