Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX350 projectors finally meets new Osram CBB

RX350 clear lens projectors w/ Osram Cool Blue Boost 7000k video:

Osram CBH 6000k video - same car and projectors: (sorry for poor quality)

I was skeptical purchasing the CBBs because I didn't think they'd be any better than Osram CBHs. I was wrong. The CBBs are brighter - more intensity throughout more of the light output compared to the CBHs.

I couldn't finish the video because I had to drive off quick to avoid sudden flow of traffic coming behind me. What I got shows great output, stretching well into 2 wide traffic lanes and even going off of the road into the curb on the right. I will try to add more videos later on.

RX350 clear lens projectors w/ Osram Cool Blue Boost 7000k video PART 2:
    This is a view of my light beam pattern that those driving beside me or behind me would see.

Osram CBB part 3:
    This video shows how wide my beam pattern can get. The few times I've seen it wider is while driving through darker roads and neighborhoods.
    Last edited by Aaron Sa; March 3rd, 2018, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Look how nice that blue looks at start up:

Osram's home page describes its company as being "innovative" and a "pioneer of lighting technologies". So I'm left with asking again, why can't they make a higher Kelvin bulb that has good color light output. I'm not saying that light output should be as great as 4300k but it could be much better than the aftermarket companies.

You can communicate your ideas to Osram here:
      https://www.osram.us/cb/contact-us/index.jsp

I'm sure Philips has a suggestion section on their site. If we all email them, then we can get some better "innovative" options with the higher kelvins bulbs.

Comment

Looks pretty good. CBHs are definitely bluer than the CBB. CBBs look nice and bright.

Comment

Originally posted by Pklemm View Post
          Looks pretty good. CBHs are definitely bluer than the CBB. CBBs look nice and bright.
          Thanks.
          Last edited by Aaron Sa; March 13th, 2018, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Common questions I've been getting on my videos on YouTube is if my camera enhances the brightness and blue color of the Osram bulbs :

Re: blue light color:
            I edited my previous post about the color because off of the camera it does not appear blue/green as it does on camera. Looking at the light in person, at best, I see white to cool white light projected onto the street when I drive and when looking the light from the rear of the car.

Re: brightness
            The light is bright on and off camera so the video accurately shows how it would be in person..

Someone has a video of LS430 projectors with CBB bulbs so you can use his video as a comparison. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Try2Ihxhyxk
            Last edited by Aaron Sa; March 16th, 2018, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Aaron Sa do you have any pictures of the output against a wall or so?

Comment

Originally posted by pharao View Post
                Aaron Sa do you have any pictures of the output against a wall or so?
                I have wall shot pics but they aren't as good as the ones that TRS post. Not sure if the Rx350 projectors are good with wall shots because the beam pattern is real wide and I can hardly see the hot spot in the middle. The best light output is when you see the light on the road as shown from my videos.

Untitled by Eric Red, on Flickr

IMG_20180414_004544 by Eric Red, on Flickr

IMG_20180414_010913 by Eric Red, on Flickr

IMG_20180414_010946 by Eric Red, on Flickr

IMG_20180414_002111 by Eric Red, on Flickr

IMG_20180414_002311 by Eric Red, on Flickr
                Last edited by Aaron Sa; April 14th, 2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

You're missing some of that hot spot intensity. Don't be afraid to bend the metal tabs holding the capsule aligned so angle the capsule slightly downward. This creates a large intensity increase if done right.
                  Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

Need help? Contact us - Email: info@lightwerkz.net

HID Retrofits l Halos l Lens Restorations l Repairs l Installations

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

Comment

Originally posted by Lightwerkz Global Inc. View Post
                    You're missing some of that hot spot intensity. Don't be afraid to bend the metal tabs holding the capsule aligned so angle the capsule slightly downward. This creates a large intensity increase if done right.
                    Hey thanks for the advice Caesar. I paid to have all of my projector retrofit done since I'm not skilled in this area. If I'm ever up north I will definitely try to contact you for some more custom work.

A poster on YouTube commented on one of my old videos complained that the Rx350s weren't that bright. The 2nd pic in post #8 was done in a pitch dark area and my projectors lit up the place pretty good as you can see on the ground and against the building. Also, the projectors have wide beam pattern. Since my retrofit was done, I've seen a few cars that have a brighter output (not sure of their bulb/wattage) but then the beam pattern isn't as wide as mine. My beam pattern clearly goes over the curb so it covers more than just the road.
                    Last edited by Aaron Sa; April 15th, 2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Rx350 bix still is the best overall VIP projector, but it requires tuning to get the best out of it. Your retro is still better then 90% out there. You should be fine.

Comment

Osram needs to shim/ bend legs to expose more of hotspot in rx350. Xb5500k produced a better hotspot and more lux(as per meter by 70lux or so) than the current cbi I am running now. But I am pretty happy with cbi compared to xb5500k. Ill try bending legs on my cbi to see if it performs better.

Rx350 with custom shield, cbi and dlt f5

Comment

Working...
                        X