Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great test!! Thanx!

Comment

I'm interested in seeing these pictures but they are not loading for me..can anybody link them to a different hosting site? Tried on several different browsers and 2 different IPSs...adblock off so I'm not sure if they've been taken down or what but I am unable to view them.

Thanks!

Comment

Unfortunately that hosting site died. I'd have to re-host them. I may do that sometime. But it's not you, unfortunately the photos are indeed gone.

The lux data is still available for all to see but I definitely need to get the photos back up.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
          I decided to do an H11 HID bulb shootout with a few different brands of HID bulbs.

[CUT]

Here are the lux figures collected. All figures are peak figures, not in the same spot but rather in the brightest spot. Many were retested for accuracy.

XenonDepot 5000K: 3090
          XenonDepot 5000K used: 2220
          XenonDepot Philips 4300K: 3320

Haloruler,

When you talk about the last one (Philips), do you mean this one:

https://www.xenondepot.com/H1-H1LL-H...p/xt-h1-rb.htm

Thanks!

Comment

Well, any bulb size (as far as I know) is available in a Philips rebased version. However, that option is currently unavailable (in the color temperature drop down menu) because XenonDepot is switching suppliers for their Philips burners. So for a while they will not be offering the Philips rebased 4300K bulb. You'll have to wait until they're available, I don't know when that will be. However, the standard colors like 4300K and 5000K are great too!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Thanks Haloruler,

Contacted XD and they informed me that they will be available again in about three weeks of time.

Depending on the price tag, I may decide to go ahead with that option or to stick with the XD ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post

XenonDepot 5000K: 3090
                XenonDepot 5000K used: 2220

Sorry to hammer you again. The used H11 bulbs has lost almost 30% after 6 months (roughly - how many hours?).

Is that an average, expected value or H-bulbs (non-OEM) deplete faster than OEM?

Thanks!

Comment

A lot of hours, it was through winter and dark all the time. To be fair, all bulbs (even OEM) see a big drop immediately after usage then the decrease level off. Of course this is worse on aftermarket than OEM. I don't see any indication that it's anything special on XenonDepot bulbs as I've run a lot of bulbs in the past and the change is completely invisible to the naked eye when in headlights. They look as bright as day 1. Amazing how bad our vision is, right?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

That's why it's good to let our eyes adjust to the darkness... Probably why 3000 lm is the limit. You'd want brightest at cut-off and then rapidly dimming to no foreground.

Comment

Working...
                    X