Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MD2S with H1 Halogen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MD2S with H1 Halogen

    Yes you read that correct I did a retro in my ebay lights on my Tundra (see my project thread), but since all vehicles here in Sweden must pass a test every year I could not have the HID in when taking the test.
    Its illegal with HID if its not factory installed, and over 2000lumens you need headlight washers and autoleveling as everywhere else in the world I guess.

    So I came up with this idea, yes it would have been easier to swap the headlight to the OEM halogens, but since I got all the stuff needed I went for a try
    These adapters are from a 9 inch aux light thats avalible with both D1S HID and H1 Halogen, so I used 2 of these in each projector, one to lock down the bulb with and fasten a ground wire in.

    The Philips Xtreme vision H1 I used only did 10Lux less than a chinese D2 bulb I tested hehe. The ebay projector made 180Lux at 7meters, and the MD2S made 420 as you can see in the pic.

    And even with Halogen there was a sweet color in the cutoff.

    Lumen junky from Sweden.

  • #2
    That's actually....not that bad.
    2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
    1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

    Comment


    • #3
      It's beyond good enough to pass inspection, it's just good.

      2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

      Comment


      • #4
        Very clever!
        --- 2008 WK - Headlight Retrofit - Foglight Retrofit ---
        ---
        2013 Speed Triple ---
        --- 2003 SV650s - Retrofit ---

        Comment


        • #5
          Good idea...

          Comment


          • #6
            Interesting. I'm surprised that the halogen H1's filament can reach far enough inside the projector to produce that.

            Originally posted by pierre_2jz View Post
            And even with Halogen there was a sweet color in the cutoff.
            Yes, because colorband is a question of optics, not so much the light source (as long as the light source has enough spectral content).
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

            3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

            Comment


            • #7
              I also tested a Cheap chinese Halogen bulb, and that did not give much color at all


              Originally posted by satrya View Post
              Interesting. I'm surprised that the halogen H1's filament can reach far enough inside the projector to produce that. Yes, because colorband is a question of optics, not so much the light source (as long as the light source has enough spectral content).
              Lumen junky from Sweden.

              Comment


              • #8
                lol I saw this on HJ a few days ago. brilliant.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by pierre_2jz View Post
                  I also tested a Cheap chinese Halogen bulb, and that did not give much color at all
                  Then it is possible that the bulb's filament is way off. I think that's a higher likelihood than the cheap bulb having a very limited spectrum of colors (which could also make colorband not to appear).
                  Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

                  3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It was way more yellow than the Philips bulb, and made like half the Lux at the same distance hehe. You get what you pay for really

                    Originally posted by satrya View Post
                    Then it is possible that the bulb's filament is way off. I think that's a higher likelihood than the cheap bulb having a very limited spectrum of colors (which could also make colorband not to appear).
                    Lumen junky from Sweden.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm speechless. I've heard about PnP in reflectors & projectors not meant for it... but I have never actually seen a halogen in a HID projector done so well! Kudos to you man! This is good enough to use (application-wise) if one of your HID bulb/ballast goes and you have this kit on hand as a backup!


                      Facebook Instagram

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pierre_2jz View Post
                        I also tested a Cheap chinese Halogen bulb, and that did not give much color at all
                        well on my generic H1 its due to the outer lens of the bike headlamp..washing away the sharpness and colourband



                        Originally posted by jayeeyee View Post
                        I'm speechless. I've heard about PnP in reflectors & projectors not meant for it... but I have never actually seen a halogen in a HID projector done so well! Kudos to you man! This is good enough to use (application-wise) if one of your HID bulb/ballast goes and you have this kit on hand as a backup!

                        me to actually manage to get a decent output from halogen..but inside generic mini H1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Good idea. In Poland we have same situation with HID, same rules.
                          Where did You buy those adapter? I'm really intrested with it.

                          Wysłane z mojego NEM-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            sorry ts if u fell im hijacking your thread...

                            just want to chime in and share output shot (wallshot) of my generic mini H1 with phillips H1 bulb...i would say perfect alignment none the less






                            but this was test on junk projector actually....chrome coating peeled all the way...so i just polish the metal aluminium bowl to shiny finish...but not quite mirror finish....i would say is usable for small duty scooter or probably offroad/bicycle use...hahaha

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by maciekelga View Post
                              Good idea. In Poland we have same situation with HID, same rules. Where did You buy those adapter? I'm really intrested with it. Wysłane z mojego NEM-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka
                              These adapters come from a 225mm Auxlight named NBB Alpha 225, they can be bought as a spare part here in Sweden, you will need 4 of them, one to put over the bulb to hold it down, and then you need to get rid of the spring that holds the xenon bulb, I used an O-ring instead of the spring, a ground wire needs to be squezed between the two adapters. http://https://www.lucendi.se/product/nbb-h1-adapter

                              Or make contact with ABL that is the maker of the light

                              Lumen junky from Sweden.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X