Toyota FJ Cruiser + i.Lens Bi-LED Projectors - Output Shots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota FJ Cruiser + i.Lens Bi-LED Projectors - Output Shots

Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

Need help? Contact us - Email: info@lightwerkz.net

HID Retrofits l Halos l Lens Restorations l Repairs l Installations

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

So what are the real world impressions of these projectors?

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
      So what are the real world impressions of these projectors?
      I am personally impressed. I photo graphed this setup and we drove around for about half hour. very solid output.
      Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

Comment

Cool. Where do they fit, in your opinion, as far as performance against other comparable HID projectors?

Comment

Cool. Where do they fit, in your opinion, as far as performance against other comparable HID projectors?
          They definitely "fit" right into the highest performance tier of lighting. These out perform many OEM HID projectors, not that statement means much any more as aftermarket has caught up and taken the lead in many regards.

I had 50W FXR setup in an older BMW a few years. When I went to my latest car, the X5, it has adaptive LED reflector lights. I was little underwhelmed. Now Im used to it. Perhaps the 50W was a little over kill but I enjoyed it....point being, I was used to a 50W setup.

This is a totally suitable modern day upgrade for any retrofit. If you are coming from halogen reflectors or crappy halogen reflectors, this unit will blow you away. I think its a strong contender no matter what it is put up against.

Once we you start using a higher end D2S projector with 50W ballasts and OEM bulbs, its not a competition. But 35W D2S HID vs i.Lens LED - its a battle.

Comment

Thanks for the valuable input. Especially from an experienced guy who has seen'em all.

Have you played with the lens spacing or done any other tuning for more color or light output?

Comment

How's the width on those? The camera seems a bit fisheyed, making them look extremely narrow. I look forward to the day when I can replace my HID D2S 4.0 setup with a PNP LED projector

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                How's the width on those? The camera seems a bit fisheyed, making them look extremely narrow. I look forward to the day when I can replace my HID D2S 4.0 setup with a PNP LED projector
                Haven't seen any LED that gives the width of some of the widest projectors. With that being said, the width is completely acceptable!

Here are some photos comparing it to the D2S 4.0

Comment

Oh nice, so the width looks to be about the same! Brightness too. I'd take a hit on brightness because I have boosted ballasts, but, yeah these are getting good

Comment

Looking good as always!
                    Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

Have you played with the lens spacing or done any other tuning for more color or light output?
                      I messed around with mine. IMO the lens spacing is pretty darn perfect out of the box. I tried adding/decreasing and the cutoff/color just got worse. There is actually 2 different thickness spacers stock, so my guess is they were tuned from the factory.

Comment

I hope you still read this forum

How are you happy with i.lens projectors after 1 year? Any heat issue?
                        I'm planing to retrofit to my car and this looks promising.

Comment

Working...
                        X