BOO5TED'S "Work Truck"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOO5TED'S "Work Truck"

Just realized I never made a build thread so here we go.......

Specs:

06 GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab.
    5.3L, G80/ 3.23 gears(yay )
    LineX bedliner
    LED Tails
    Tinted front windows
    Super cool inchannel vent visors
    Baller ass Blaupunkt CD player
    Crappy phone mount

Day I brought her home.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=BOO5TED;25643]First thing I did was the 6-high mod.

Then swap the mirrors and antenna from the Silvy.

Next up was the emblem, the red had to go. I had some white carbon fiber vinyl laying around and figured I would try something new.

Then the tailgate from, well, you guessed it.

Then picked up some LTZs with 275-55 Falkens

And decided to hack off the stock pipe for the time being

Had some stickers made up to cover the bowties on the center caps and sprayed the rear fender wells with undercoat.

Traded the stock 17s for a Snuglid cover

Found a killer deal on some Depot Denali lights on Amazon.

Decided the stock speakers were crap and replaced them with some Focal separates in the front and coaxials in the rear. While I was at it, I installed the Esky interior handles also.

Found another member selling his Esky shifter and leather grab handle. Also installed my Kenwood double din.

Aaaannnnnnddddd that pretty much brings us up to present day.

Future plans are

5% tint
    shackles
    Esky handles
    Painted rear bumper plastics
    Paint bedcover
    Exhaust of some sort
    LPP headers(I had from the Silvy but never installed)
    tune
    Front and rear Hotchkis sway bars(from Silvy)
    Hids
    Interior leds
    Dual Sundown SD-2 10" under rear seat
    Install Orion XTR800.4 and Sundown SAZ-1000D
    Maybe more, we will see.
    Last edited by BOO5TED; March 29th, 2015, 10:27 PM.
    ***MH1 Retro***
    "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."
    - Tennessee Williams

Got a little something in the mail today. Hopefully have the rear one before the weekend.

Finally got around to installing the hids, just need to get the fogs in now. Really wish that light on the side of the building wasn't there.

Also, getting ready for tomorrow. Jesus, the previous owner of my truck was a slob.

Done.

Last edited by BOO5TED; February 8th, 2015, 11:00 AM.
    ***MH1 Retro***
    "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."
    - Tennessee Williams

Comment

NOICE

Comment

Thanks. This will be all over the place since I'm quoting from another forum lol.
        ***MH1 Retro***
        - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Finally got around to taking some half ass pics of the interior leds I got.

And switched out my plate lights for leds too.

***MH1 Retro***
          - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Thanks guys, the lights are really bright. Almost too bright I think, they really suprise you when you first turn them on in the dark. The only problem I had with the Xentecs were with the slim ballasts. I installed everything and the lights were blue as hell. Thought I got some 8000k at first. I switched them for the full size ballasts and now they are pure white.

With the slims,

Full size,

Never changed the bulbs, amazing difference between the ballasts. :whoa:
            ***MH1 Retro***
            - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Two 5K white 5050 SMD 94 LED strips for reverse lights.

One red one for just the brake.

S&B intake I bought from Fogle.

4300K Hid fogs

Might need to aim them down a tad.

Then once we got there I had to run pick up a few grocery items we forgot and decided to take a few pics.

I know, I know, I need to get the handles and cover painted. :facepalm3:
              ***MH1 Retro***
              - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Picked these up today, no more green.

Finally got the handles, shocks and swaybars done last night. Truck is filthy as shit right now hopefully get to wash it good tomorrow after the exhaust is done. :secret:

Well, got a little bit of work done recently.

Foot well leds

Shackles

And the exhaust is done for now.

Sounds good to me, REALLY quiet but it wakes up when you get on it. No sound clips just yet, my video camera decided to take a shit on me. Gonna have to jack the wifes maybe. Still not 100% on the placement of the tip, was thinking it looked like the NNBS Denali but going to wait a week or so and see if it grows on me. Maybe have it exit on the side behind the tire but DNW it looking like crap from things getting thrown up by the tire.

Oh, and finally got my 3.5mm jack and retractable cord in for the radio. Not a big update but I think it looks soooo much better that just having the wire stuffed somewhere.

Couple of updates, candied the third brake light, had the windows tinted and switched exhaust tips this weekend.

Still need to raise the tip some, hangs down too low for me. Also need to polish the light, will wait until next weekend though I ran out of time. Was going to install the blazer projector fogs I have too but realized I bought 9005 bulbs instead of 880s. :rage: Said **** it and threw them back in the box until I get new bulbs. kay:

I know, I know, I need to paint the bed cover. Don't worry that's next on the list. Along with a few other things I'm thinking of. :secret:
                Last edited by BOO5TED; February 8th, 2015, 11:18 AM.
                ***MH1 Retro***
                - Tennessee Williams

Comment

So I've been wanting some more light when backing up and figured I'd give these a shot.

http://www.v-leds.com/6K-WHITE-LED-7...69085-1-2.html

They came in today and couldn't wait to put them in.

Don't think I'll have any issues with backing up at night anymore

YAY PARTS!!!!

IMAG0027 by BOO5TED, on Flickr

IMAG2487 by BOO5TED, on Flickr

IMAG2616 by BOO5TED, on Flickr

IMAG2390 by BOO5TED, on Flickr

IMAG2412 by BOO5TED, on

:datbackupcam:

FINALLY getting somewhere.

Faaaaaaawwwwwwkkkkkkkk

Better now.

***MH1 Retro***
                  - Tennessee Williams

Comment

:happeh:

Decided to start another little project.

Console still needs the clear sprayed on it.

Installed the console and dome light this afternoon. Still need to sand it with some 2000 and polish both of them though. Couldn't wait and wanted to see what they looked like installed.

Damn glare is a *****.
                    ***MH1 Retro***
                    - Tennessee Williams

Comment

So I guess I need to update this a little.

Not bad but could be better.

I wanted to get rid of the squirrel boxes so a little tuning needed to be done.

Threw it all back together and now we are getting somewhere.

Something needs to be done about the cutoff though. One washer between the lens holder and cutoff plate seemed to do the trick.

Moved on to the side and finished both of them up, now time to run the relay. I wanted to extend the life of the bulbs so I decided to get a voltage sensing relay from JatronX. It doesn't activate until it sees 13.5V so the headlights won't flash when you start it during the dark.

Now time for final output pics.

I wanted to use that bulb as a turn signal/running light instead so the entire housing was a signal. So I changed the two wire socket to a three wire and connected it to the stock socket.

With that done, I wanted to still have DRLs so I had the idea of using the high beam spot as the DRL. I didn't really need the high beam anymore because of the bi-xenons so I purchased some led 9005 bulbs.

Also picked these up and plan to build a box soon.

***MH1 Retro***
                      - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Looks good.
                        Anthony
                        2011 Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback
                        2008 Wrangler Unlimited FX-R Retrofit
                        2011 Fiesta Retrofit Number 2

Comment

Had both door skins replaced, both door moldings and repainted the handles and mirrors too.

I had a new radio installed.

Got some new tires.

Bought a swingcase.

I bolted it because I don't trust the self tapping screws they send with it.

And had to add spacers to one side because the shock for the cover hit it when it was closed.

Added a set of heims I got from Brett.

And did some lighting upgrades.

Nope, still not lowered yet.
                          ***MH1 Retro***
                          - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Originally posted by 2005_Silverado View Post
                            Need how to 4 door lighting plz
                            You just need two of the courtesy light housings from the front doors(they fit in the rear perfectly), two 194 bulbs, the wiring sockets, and some wire. I already had the footwell lights in the front so I added the lights to the doors and lighting to the rear footwells and tapped into the wiring from the front lights. Just make sure you get the wiring for the housings because they are different than a standard 194 socket. This is what they look like.

A few more I just uploaded.

Front only

rear only

both

Hardest part was running the wire through the factory accordion boot in the door jamb.
                            ***MH1 Retro***
                            - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Pretty sure that brings us up to present day
                              ***MH1 Retro***
                              - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Working...
                              X