Cavyguy's 1983 Mustang GT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavyguy's 1983 Mustang GT

Well I guess I should make a thread for my car.. '83 Mustang GT.. I been doing slow work on it...

First pics of the car when i got it...

Drivers rocker rusted out and needs a new one.. fenders were a little bad too..

Drivers window had no window motor so it was taped up for a while but its got a new one and works good now, but a bit sticky on the way back up..

and i added a chain license plate frame..

first day at the park... with it lol..

fixed the rust on the drivers rear fender, its not perfect but turned out pretty okay i think..

Before:

After: i had a closer pic but it disappeared.... need to get another..

Put some green leds in the dash light.. stock were green too but so dim you couldn't see the gauges when driving in town at night.. was ok on the highway though.
    nice and bright now.. .

Put in a volt and mechanical oil pressure..

Last edited by Cavyguy; June 14th, 2014, 07:25 PM.

'83 Mustang GT, '98 F150 XLT
    Have A Bear Of A Day

So your build is putting a license plate? Lol
    Originally posted by nine44
    350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

you actually read it.?.. lol.. i did more than that...

i just started working on it this year really... didnt really have time the other years...

im not looking the heavily mod this thing, im just looking to fix it up by the way.. which im doing slowly... i just made this so show others what i got... not necessarily a build thread...

Have A Bear Of A Day

Comment

I was joking. Nice job on the body work! You should save for a 2012 5.0 swap
        Originally posted by nine44
        350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

that would be cool but i wanna try and keep it original or period correct anyways... besides the engine was rebuilt a few years ago anyhow and runs like a top... just finished fixing a cople oil leaks and the engine stays bone dry now...

and thanks on th body work, closer up you can see its not perfect but its good enough... bondo fiberglass filler for the win lol.
          cleaned all the rust out best i could and drenched it with rust converter and then filled it in..... it kinda double walled so unless the rest the fender rusts out more its not gonna let go...
          just gotta fix the rest now..

Edit: updated first post, added a better close up of the fixed fender..
          Last edited by Cavyguy; June 14th, 2014, 07:26 PM.

Have A Bear Of A Day

Comment

Nice, I was wanting to see pics of your stang after the cavalier was gone.

Comment

heehee yeah.. i just gotta do stuff to it now to keep this updated.. lol..

Have A Bear Of A Day

Comment

all I do is just post new pics to keep mine updated lol, don't always have to work on it

Comment

heehee yeah i noticed that.. i dont take that many pics of my car.. guess it good a time as any to start... lol

Have A Bear Of A Day

Comment

It's about damn time you had a thread here lol. Any cam swap pics?

Comment

nope.. any engine work the guy i bought it off did it all.. i dont even know what kinda cam it is other than its a mild street/strip cam.. i think he said it was a Crane cam but not sure. the guy moved to Alberta shortly after selling me the car.
                      if i did the work i would had documented it..

Have A Bear Of A Day

Comment

well i got the AC working again... hoping it keeps working.. found a leaky line, just needed a tighten, guessing it wasnt tightened when the engine was rebuilt.. but in 3 cans of that coolant you get at walmart and cut in right away.. and a can of that seal repair lube stuff cause it not ran the entire time i owned that car and who knows how long before i owned it...
                        anywho it throws pretty darn cold!! will have to see how it works on a warmer day.. not sure why i didnt look at it before lol...

Have A Bear Of A Day

Comment

You'll probably have to pull a vacuum on the ac system, and then recharge it.

99 Dodge Durango SLT SelecTrac (NV242) 4WD 5.2L Magnum V8 Build Thread
                          FX-R Retrofit - Picture Thread

2014 Dodge Charger R/T Awd

Comment

well it throwing cold now so.. who cares.. i dont care if it works at peak efficenty or if i can freeze water with it.. just so long my vent throw air thats not hot.. lol...

i noticed last night the cold line in the engine bay built up a nice little film of of frost near the the evap tank and all the way up to the pump its covered in dew and cold to the touch, so im happy..

Have A Bear Of A Day

Comment

AC still working!!

and some random photos of my cars yellow sealed beam output.. lol...

low beams..

high beams... lol

oh and if anyone wondering the inner light ( highs) ar dedicated highs with only one filament, other lights are dual filament low high.. why everything stay on wit hte high beams on.. i actually got 4 high beam lights..

maybe it just me, but i actually kinda like the warm yellow glow of sealed beams.. and even though they look yellow looking at them they actually pretty white in color on the road....

Last edited by Cavyguy; June 22nd, 2014, 06:22 PM.

Have A Bear Of A Day

Comment

Working...
                              X