soundman98's 2014 Subaru BRZ "the TOTALED mess"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soundman98's 2014 Subaru BRZ "the TOTALED mess"

update 5-17-14. car got wrecked by some chick that decided stop signs are optional when my car stops her so much faster....
    http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...l=1#post711206

update 5-23-14. car is a total loss.. note to self, never, ever, make a thread about returning to normal. 'normal' is a lie. like the cake.

i'm kinda putting the axle grease before the cart, but i'm starting to go stir-crazy without a car to tinker with.. a large part of it is being forced to listen to crappy sound systems, and poor seat fitment in every car i have access to..

so i've started ordering parts to modify..

i don't have what i'd consider 'massive' plans for this car, more of just 'the norm' for the time being..

during-warranty planned mods:
    • DEPO/TOM's led tails
    • tapturn a better turn signal relay
    • custom led plate lights
    • custom led side marker lights
    • custom led reverse light
    • custom led dome light
    • custom led trunk lighting (moar moar moar!!!!)
    • some sort of custom headlamp project. really hoping for space to do a set of quads, and mod the white drl accent to be rgbw
    • full stereo build-- mostly a transfer of the eclipse build + some better trinkets here and there
    • big brake kit
    • bottom rear window filler piece(blends the rear a little better)

• beatsonic roof spoiler, plan to add third brake light to it as well. supercustom!

post-warranty planned mod:
    • turbo would like to break 200hp at the wheels, so will be shooting for 6-8psi of boost

planned mods still up in the air:
    • continue the carpc, or return to the land of head units. either way, setup will be full-active
    • mostly decided on wheels, unsure of color. 18" Work Emotion CR Ultimate. in either bronze, black, or silver. the other option is bbs forged aluminum mono block's, but they don't come in 18, or 5x100/5x114.3 fitments that i'd require. i refuse to run 19's.
    • regarding the big brake kit, leaning towards the wilwood version, as they claim they can still fit factory wheels over theirs.. though some people have told me wilwood calipers are a little sloppy, so they refuse to run them..

ordered mods to date:
    tails

tapturn

donor plate lights

donor reverse housing

donor dome light

donor side marker lights

donor trunk button. i have some idea's for this, need to see how it plays out.

donor headlight housing

that's about it for now, more updates when i get more parts! or maybe even the car!
    Last edited by soundman98; May 23rd, 2014, 02:56 PM.
    The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Forget all that man. Suspension and rims 1st

Either way its a great list, must be in a good place to buy mods before you even own it lol
    Originally posted by nine44
    350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

the only reason i'm not buying right now is because of winter.. i sold off my convertible before winter hit, because convertibles aren't exactly in high demand when you can't put the top down, and the road crews in the area like to put down metric tons of salt everywhere for even the slightest bit of snow.. there's been times where i've picked their leftovers up to do the walks at home...

so yeah-- if i'm gonna get a new car, i want me to be the first abuse it's subjected to, not salt-ridden roads. and besides, i'm planning on picking up the car from a dealership in colorado, which will hopefully mean i can make a run up pikes peak in it's first 100 miles!

Comment

On a engine full of break in metal from the first miles?
        350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post

• turbo would like to break 200hp at the wheels, so will be shooting for 6-8psi of boost

that's about it for now, more updates when i get more parts! or maybe even the car!
          Lol. Good luck with the post-warranty part

I like those tails, btw!
          2012 Volkswagen Golf R. 2016 Ford Fiesta ST

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikecars View Post
            On a engine full of break in metal from the first miles?
            there is so much BS out there on either side of the argument that's behind that, i don't know what to believe anymore... but the official stance by most automakers is that tolerances are better refined these days, and the car's are ready to go the minute the title gets written up, and are no longer subject to the break-in requirements of yesteryear.

do i completely believe it? no. but it'd be covered under their warranty. so i'm not opposed to making them wrong.

Comment

How about something from Crawford; they've been tuning boxer engines.
              http://www.topspeed.com/cars/subaru/...-ar155471.html
              Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

there is so much BS out there on either side of the argument that's behind that, i don't know what to believe anymore... but the official stance by most automakers is that tolerances are better refined these days, and the car's are ready to go the minute the title gets written up, and are no longer subject to the break-in requirements of yesteryear.

do i completely believe it? no. but it'd be covered under their warranty. so i'm not opposed to making them wrong.
                I believe it to an extent. But I'd rather have the piece of mind. But thoes motors like to blow anyways lol. I think that plays in part with "ready to go/no break in) and people driving it like a race car right off the lot. Like you said it's a never ending debate
                350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

yeah.. but the reality of it is that i'd rather blow the motor under warranty than a week after...

Comment

what color??

Comment

Don't get a blue one. I see way too many of those. It's a nice color, but still
                      ** Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post **

Comment

pretty sure he's going to get a blue one
                        2012 Volkswagen Golf R. 2016 Ford Fiesta ST

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Fancyhat View Post
                          Don't get a blue one. I see way too many of those. It's a nice color, but still
                          including both fr-s' and brz's, i've seen about 10 total. and only 1 blue one. black, red, white and silver are popular colors around me.

this is the color i'm getting. WRB, or World Rally Blue

and just found this while searching for the exact color name. this is from the 2013 pre-order
                          i don't care that i want what happens to be the majority, my only other color option is pearl white, and that's a close second! besides it's a little too bland for me
                          Last edited by soundman98; November 10th, 2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Can't go wrong with blue

99 Dodge Durango SLT SelecTrac (NV242) 4WD 5.2L Magnum V8 Build Thread
                            FX-R Retrofit - Picture Thread

2014 Dodge Charger R/T Awd

Comment

That's because if you're gonna get this car, you gotta get it in WRP!

So have you actually ordered it yet?

PS those are my favorite tails, I'm glad you've already ordered them!

Comment

Working...
                              X