No announcement yet.

soundman98's 2014 Subaru BRZ "the TOTALED mess"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

locally... interest rates really based on your credit and pay check..
    i own a house, new suv and a new car and a bike all under my name.. the bike was the hardest because it is a luxury item.. so stupid that i can get another car but not a bike because the banks look at it differently.. but i got it..
    dont check so many places, your credit will get damaged.. anyway at least 2 dealerships.. and then give them an offer with some down payment on hand to offer too.. if its brand new you wont be able to lower the price that much because they base on MSRP; but you can get deals like extended warranty or protection plan package remote starters accessories etc. included in the purchase..

but if it were me i'd buy a house first before financing a car.. my house's value now is 60k cad more from what its worth before 3yrs ago.. then buy another one after..

Comment

have you ever heard the saying "if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plan"? that's where i'm at right now... i had been planning to buy a house a few years ago, and had also been planning on driving the eclipse until i had a house.. i had started seriously looking into buying a house, and then noticed that the eclipse started threatening to rust itself out in the driveway, so my plan had to change so i wasn't stuck with a titled scrap heap... i really hadn't been expecting to buy new, what i was looking for in a car seemed broad enough at first, but it just kinda worked out this way..
      The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

well there's used cars for now.. haha, i have been through some civics and nissan maximas but i like the 2 nissan maxima i owned.. 5sp and 6sp manual lots of power and fully loaded..
        well good luck for now.. at least a house you will be making money through time.. and at least there is what you call, "my place" and its better than "my new car"

Comment

I don't see what interest has to do with anything. If you plan on paying it off before then that shouldn't matter. Also I don't see why you have your panties in a bunch about that guy? I'd do the same thing if you wasted all my time to be honest
          Originally posted by nine44
          350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikecars View Post
            I don't see what interest has to do with anything. If you plan on paying it off before then that shouldn't matter. Also I don't see why you have your panties in a bunch about that guy? I'd do the same thing if you wasted all my time to be honest
            I have to agree. It's just a damn car lol. If you want to improve your credit, pay half of the car off but pay it off over 48 months or something...

id would buy the thing locally, or get it from that guy, I mean really lol. Buying a car should be fun and you're making it hell lol

either way, even if you get 4-5% interest that's not bad. It's a purchase you're going to love. I don't know about you but I don't want to spend my life worrying about if my purchase is a smart one. As long as my bills and rent are paid, money out into savings and I have food, I don't care where the excess goes lol

besides, don't you have another vehicle you can drive? If you're so worried about the cari n winter, put it into storage every year and buy a beater...
            2012 Volkswagen Golf R. 2016 Ford Fiesta ST

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

ta-da

2014-01-18 16.26.24 by soundman98, on Flickr

Comment

3 things i learned today.

1. oem wipers suck, froze up on the way home, could barely see-- already replaced.
                2. oem tires suck, got stuck on a small hill in the auto parts store buying new wipers, every light, the only way to get moving involved driving sideways while spinning for at least 10 ft-- at least into 3rd gear...
                3. me and traction control have different ideas of being in control.

Comment

it's about time, good show mate congrats on the new ride.

interior shots !!!

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                  3. me and traction control have different ideas of being in control.

Originally posted by soulsea
                  I'm pretty sure they are meant for off road use ... actual off road use, not pretend off road use
                  Originally posted by soundman98
                  fwd burnouts are kinda like wheelchair tricks to me... sure it's neat and all, but it's still operating with a handicap.. so yes, "look one-leg-dan is doing wheelies!!" sounds the same in my head as "watch this honda do a burnout!!"

Comment

The best way to get moving involves driving sideways. Every rwd car owner should know that
                    ** Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post **

Comment

What tires do you have?
                      2013 Jeep JK Wrangler - 4.10, Eaton e-locker. Sealed7, Hella Micro-DE
                      1982 Mercedes-Benz 240D.
                      Mini H1 in 7" housing

Comment

What's snow? And don't tell me they gave you summer tires in the winter?

AND lastly you can't just drop a picture without a story
                        Originally posted by nine44
                        350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

God yes. That's one hideous color.

Jk. I wish my car was that color lol
                          2012 Volkswagen Golf R. 2016 Ford Fiesta ST

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by wireless View Post
                            God yes. That's one hideous color.

Jk. I wish my car was that color lol
                            Shoulda got a golf r then
                            ** Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post **

Comment

Originally posted by americanmade
                              interior shots !!!
                              Originally posted by Fancyhat View Post
                              The best way to get moving involves driving sideways. Every rwd car owner should know that
                              yeah, but then traction kicks in and starts pulsing the ABS sensors on the front wheels, making me go further sideways... in traffic...

Originally posted by efm-7 View Post
                              What tires do you have?
                              Originally posted by Ilikecars View Post
                              What's snow? And don't tell me they gave you summer tires in the winter?

AND lastly you can't just drop a picture without a story
                              what kind of story? went to the dealer this morning, test drove the car, it moved under it's own power, we struck a deal, they handed me the keys, and i stalled it in the lot trying to get going without leaving skidmarks in the snow...

i intend to look what tires they gave me tomorrow, i don't want to be outside anymore.. i'm thinking they're that low-rolling-resistance prius crap..... it broke loose really easy on the test drive before the snow came, which was fun, but now i need resistance to move forward... if i gotta replace tires this soon, i'm keeping this set to do burnouts...

Comment

congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X