Haloruler64's 2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport daily not build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haloruler64's 2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport daily not build

I picked up a new daily! A 2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport with premium package.

Since it's meant to be a comfortable and quiet daily, it's getting the minimum of mods. Unfortunately, despite being specced out, it's still the lowest end car that Lexus sells. Hence it got a big dose of incandescent. First step was to replace the map lights with Philips Vision 194s.

Better matches the blue footwell lighting and lighted door sills.

I also installed a single (for now) Philips Vision 921 LED into the reverse light.

Causes a little glare on the backup camera, and the beam pattern on the floor might be worse. I have to do some more investigating when things aren't covered in condensation.

Next are two Vision 194s for the puddle lights, a Vision festoon for the dome light, a festoon for the trunk light, and maybe some amber turn signal LEDs if I feel like it. Then maybe some upgraded F Sport lowering springs.

Actual mod updates are going to be rare, but I'll post interesting stuff once in a while.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Congrats on the new daily.

Comment

Thanks man, much appreciated.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Damn, that's a nice daily. F sport with premium is boss. I was thinking about the CT200h for a while, as I enjoy that body style. I've heard rumors that they're discontinuing that model after this year? Also, I'm naturally curious what the forward lighting output is like.

Comment

Wow, you truly are a Toyota dude aren't you? lol

Nice ride. LED lows or no? Perhaps some wheel spacers for a better stance?

Comment

Originally posted by 16cx-5 View Post
            Damn, that's a nice daily. F sport with premium is boss. I was thinking about the CT200h for a while, as I enjoy that body style. I've heard rumors that they're discontinuing that model after this year? Also, I'm naturally curious what the forward lighting output is like.
            It's true. The American market will not get any more CTs after the '17 model year.. they will be selling a refresh to certain parts of the world. The CT just wasn't as big of a hit here in the states.

My favorite part about the F-Sport package (on all of the cars) is the black pillars and headliner. The base model doesn't get that. It's a nice subtle upgrade IMO that most people wouldn't notice.

Comment

Very nice ..i like those "Wagons" or whatever they call them. very sporty ...

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
                Wow, you truly are a Toyota dude aren't you? lol Nice ride. LED lows or no? Perhaps some wheel spacers for a better stance?
                Haha I was thinking the Wheels were looking really tucked in. I agree with making the stance more aggressive on this vehicle, although I'm not sure if spacers are the best way to go about this. Maybe a new set of wheels with a more aggressive offset?

Although those wheels are pretty nice... I've always just heard to avoid spacers. Or at least don't exceed 5 or 10mm?

Comment

Nice. Will this replace your SW30?
                  Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by 16cx-5 View Post
                    Thank you! Like Zac said, 2017 is the last year. That's why they're giving out a $5k rebate on a 36 month lease. Production is done for the US market, stock is dwindling. I've wanted one for years, so this was my last chance to snag a new one.

LED DRLs, decent RX350 halogen low beam variants, and amazing H9 halogen highs. LED option uses those dual tiny LED projectors per side, dunno how good they are but I went halogen.

Originally posted by Zac. View Post
                    It's true. The American market will not get any more CTs after the '17 model year.. they will be selling a refresh to certain parts of the world. The CT just wasn't as big of a hit here in the states. My favorite part about the F-Sport package (on all of the cars) is the black pillars and headliner. The base model doesn't get that. It's a nice subtle upgrade IMO that most people wouldn't notice.
                    Yeah man, I love the black roof. The whole car is subtly nice, nothing amazing or flashy but just a very pleasant looking car.

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
                    Wow, you truly are a Toyota dude aren't you? lol Nice ride. LED lows or no? Perhaps some wheel spacers for a better stance?
                    I didn't choose the Yota life, the Yota life chose me. No LEDs, went for halogens. Wheel spacers aren't a bad idea! It's likely gonna get a 1" drop soon too.

Originally posted by Nyc Dito View Post
                    Very nice ..i like those "Wagons" or whatever they call them. very sporty ...
                    Thanks! Very versatile too. This was on the third day of ownership. My job can be demanding.

Originally posted by Pklemm View Post
                    Haha I was thinking the Wheels were looking really tucked in. I agree with making the stance more aggressive on this vehicle, although I'm not sure if spacers are the best way to go about this. Maybe a new set of wheels with a more aggressive offset? Although those wheels are pretty nice... I've always just heard to avoid spacers. Or at least don't exceed 5 or 10mm?
                    I like the wheels a lot, I'd prefer to keep them. When I was planning to buy a base model I was thinking of wheel choices, but not with the F Sport I happened to get. Wheel spacers are safe if they're quality and they are the kind with holes, not a second set of studs. I can get 20mm spacers with extended studs from H&R for ~$120 and it'll be safe. Those offset stud spacers are so so dangerous, my cousin had them and the inner nuts kept loosening themselves!

But all that is for the future. I'm not gonna start doing stuff for a while.

Originally posted by satrya View Post
                    Nice. Will this replace your SW30?
                    Nope, that's my racecar. I just bought a full turbo setup for it, so it will soon be boosted and hopefully putting down 200WHP in a 2200 lb chassis.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Pklemm View Post
                      Haha I was thinking the Wheels were looking really tucked in. I agree with making the stance more aggressive on this vehicle, although I'm not sure if spacers are the best way to go about this. Maybe a new set of wheels with a more aggressive offset? Although those wheels are pretty nice... I've always just heard to avoid spacers. Or at least don't exceed 5 or 10mm?
                      Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
                      I like the wheels a lot, I'd prefer to keep them. When I was planning to buy a base model I was thinking of wheel choices, but not with the F Sport I happened to get. Wheel spacers are safe if they're quality and they are the kind with holes, not a second set of studs. I can get 20mm spacers with extended studs from H&R for ~$120 and it'll be safe. Those offset stud spacers are so so dangerous, my cousin had them and the inner nuts kept loosening themselves!

10mm is the max you'll want to go for a spacer without replacing the studs for longer ones. Bigger than that you'll need to upgrade to wheel adapters, which come with new studs built in.

I've currently got 15mm F / 20mm R adapters for my Cruze. I got a great deal on dealer take off Chevy Bolt EV 17" wheels (I liked how they look). But problem is their 6" width and the 40 offset has them tucked in like your balls in a cold ass shower. Adapters pushed them out right at the fender edge, maybe a smidge behind it. Perfect IMO!

As far as getting loose, bad adapters can have the lug nut seat machined incorrectly so the nut can't fully seat correctly. More so when you have short adapters and you need a very short nut (.50"). The outer perimeter of the nut starts digging into the lug seat. Also too, of course, proper torqueing in the star pattern is important.

I say go for it! Its crazy how spacers/adapters really change the overall look of the car.

Comment

I didn't think about it until you guys brought it up, spacers are a great idea.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Little advice on wheel studs - the rear studs off a 6-lug Toyota SUV are longer and should be a direct fit in place of your OEMs,I did the swap on my old Scion xB and my Tundra since I didn't feel there was enough thread engagement with aftermarket wheels or spacers. Obviously don't need 'em if you plan to run those H&Rs with built in studs
                          Originally posted by HK45
                          I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                            Little advice on wheel studs - the rear studs off a 6-lug Toyota SUV are longer and should be a direct fit in place of your OEMs,I did the swap on my old Scion xB and my Tundra since I didn't feel there was enough thread engagement with aftermarket wheels or spacers. Obviously don't need 'em if you plan to run those H&Rs with built in studs
                            Dude that's awesome. Thanks for that! Not sure if I'll need it, but that's awesome to know.

Comment

Not sure why auto makers tend to tuck the wheels.
                              Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

Working...
                              X