HPLED Demon eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPLED Demon eye

Hello all, i was just thinking.. While im waiting for my parts, i'd start this new thread about how im gonna be doing my demon eyes.. Now i wont unfold the whole plan.. Unless someone asks about it :P so here's what im beginning with.. This is what i currently have.. Pics..
    Attached Files

Fx-R 3.0 2.5"|Lexus Gx 460 high beam|Denso D2S Slim|Osram D2S CBI|Toshiba 9005 HIR|LED DRLs|Cree Red Demon Eyes

is that a high beam projector?
    The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
      is that a high beam projector?
      the pic you're showing is the low beam.. My projector is high beam

Fx-R 3.0 2.5"|Lexus Gx 460 high beam|Denso D2S Slim|Osram D2S CBI|Toshiba 9005 HIR|LED DRLs|Cree Red Demon Eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Xxxmansam View Post
        Now i wont unfold the whole plan.. Unless someone asks about it.
        I'm asking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too lazy to browse HK45's mega-long output shot comparison thread?

Try the HIDP Projector Output Comparison App!

Comment

Originally posted by ileopard View Post
          I'm asking.
          LOL.. Ok good enough so The only difference, i say difference because im sure ppl would have tried this but i havent seen it.. So i got this projector from the junkyard.. Its Koito is all i can say.. Good enough for me.. Has a slope like sheild.. And the whole front part is joined to the shield.. One piece.. So i thot why not.. And it being the high beam wont be used apart from the occasional flashing to pass.. So i'll mount the Xp-E's on the shield.. And the sheild and the whole of the front part of the projector becomes the Heat sink since its all aluminium.. And two fans are mounted on the outside of the projector to cool it.. Not that the cree's will get even warm with the size of the Heat sink it has.. But just to be on the safe side.. Now how did i get that idea.. Not by reading.. But actually experimenting.. So i mount this LED strip and run it on 12 v @ 400mA.. For 48 hours straight.. Go touch em after that while they're still on and nothing.. Not even slightly warm.. Why u ask? They were mounted on a cabinet made entirely of Aluminium.. So yea.. Even these Demon eyes are an experiment to see if my theory works.. Lets hope for the sake of this thread it does or else ot might be kinda embarassing.. So there you have it ileopard.. My thoughts.. Lemme know what you think.. Or any1 else who comes across this thread

Comment

never seen demon eyes with fans lol

Comment

i hope u get all the dust out when u seal. would be strange to see dust billowing inside when the fans are on.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                never seen demon eyes with fans lol
                hey gotta be careful when running anything down here in the mid east right! :P

Originally posted by xxryu139xx View Post
                i hope u get all the dust out when u seal. would be strange to see dust billowing inside when the fans are on.
                Ryu the fans are positioned to blow on the Aluminium body and not IN it.. If you read the above post it explains..

Comment

I'm still thinking that you are going to cremate the LED if it's installed on the shield (and why does the projector have a shield if it's a high beam projector? If the picture and headlight is the right way up, that metal thingie up top looks more like a foreground limiter). The shield (or fg limiter) will get mighty hot...

OEM halogen reflector headlights | Osram Rallye H7 65W low beams | Philips Vision H1 55W high beams | Pre-facelift orange indicators

Retrofits in progress: MDX LED retrofit | RX350/EvoX-R quad w/'moto HD relay, Mitsubishi gen4 ballasts and selectable quad wiring (needs lots of fixing)

My retrofits

Comment

Originally posted by csjoh View Post
                    I'm still thinking that you are going to cremate the LED if it's installed on the shield (and why does the projector have a shield if it's a high beam projector? If the picture and headlight is the right way up, that metal thingie up top looks more like a foreground limiter). The shield (or fg limiter) will get mighty hot...
                    Wont be using the high beams other that 'flashing to pass' put that high beam projector in mostly FOR the demon eye :P

Comment

Right, gotcha

OEM halogen reflector headlights | Osram Rallye H7 65W low beams | Philips Vision H1 55W high beams | Pre-facelift orange indicators

Retrofits in progress: MDX LED retrofit | RX350/EvoX-R quad w/'moto HD relay, Mitsubishi gen4 ballasts and selectable quad wiring (needs lots of fixing)

My retrofits

Comment

Originally posted by csjoh View Post
                        Right, gotcha
                        yep ordered me some cree XM-E 4-ups.. And .5 amps LUXdrive drivers.. Just waitin on em to come so that we could get this moving.. My whole Headlight is still open because i thot of these just before the final stages of completion.. The other headlight still has to go through all the processes.. Damn its gonna be exhausting..

Comment

image.jpg

LED installed.. Demon Eye good to go

image.jpg

Comment

2415jr8.jpg

Demon at night.. Mounted pic

Comment

looks evil!
                              The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Working...
                              X