Aftermarket Thai light (mars copy)switchback drl/ led retro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Thai light (mars copy)switchback drl/ led retro

Another set of Mars type headlights, These are the cheaper again Thai knockoffs. Fast becomming a good cheap option for retro fitting rather then opening your factory lights. Again this job's for a local forum member here in au. Pretty basic upgrade removing the sad old crap 90mm led angel eyes and upgrading to COB type and removing the lack lustered led drl for a flexy switchback type.

The great thing about these aftermarkets is that the new flexy DRL will just push into place. with just the addittion of a couple of clips at the back this makes this upgrade one of the easiest drl intalls ive done.

Simple cut where needed and the DRL is installed.

This is a comaprison between the sad town original DRL and the new.

and of course you get the switchback blinker feature as a bonus.

Next remove the angel eyes... Damm these things are as sad as they can get.... very poor stuff.

2 x opposing 3mm leds are stuck into The solid plex tube and lit... very cheap and sad.

These will be upgraded with 4 x Ver1 cob type 90mm rings, running a 180ohm resistor to knock the glare factor down a bit.

So far looking good. the orange is way more intense in these controlled dark shots then in RL daytime.

But @ night im hoping these lights will be a real standout.

Last edited by Defyant; January 27th, 2014, 05:13 PM.

Looks good. Is the amber bright enough as a standalone turn signal?
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Very nice! Yeah the LED setups in these head lights are simply pathetic, good for you to upgrade them!

Originally posted by satrya View Post
      Looks good. Is the amber bright enough as a standalone turn signal?
      No, sadly.

Comment

I should've known.
        It would be very useful otherwise.
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

It's about as bright as a marker, hardly even visible during the day.

Comment

What about daytime brightness when they're white?

Comment

They are lot brighter in the white color, but still not DRL brightness. They are OK to use at night.

Comment

Cheers GC,

Yer satrya GC's right. I would'nt use the amber as a standalone , but as a secondary or "complimentary" use thyr ok. This was all pretty much covered in the other thread on these.

@ night they ROCK! there's no doubt.

IMO i like the softer more even look of they daytime brightness for the DRL... but even if your thinking of running it as a soft looking daytime amber DRL this still isnt a bad option.

Comment

Looks great! In.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                    It's about as bright as a marker, hardly even visible during the day.
                    Omg there go my plans on an easy solution to a DRL!

I have begun to hate my headlight design as they are so curved, no proper DRL can be retrofitted in there!

Comment

Is there any generic "U" shaped skatter type diffuser lens that is flexible we could install over normal LED strips? By scatter, I mean something like what you'd find in a side marker lens

Comment

Originally posted by sohail99 View Post
                        Omg there go my plans on an easy solution to a DRL!

I have begun to hate my headlight design as they are so curved, no proper DRL can be retrofitted in there!
                        Don't they have all kinds of crazy lights that you can buy for your Hyundai?

Comment

Don't they have all kinds of crazy lights that you can buy for your Hyundai?
                          Those crazy lights are available for each and every Hyundai except i20! lol

Comment

Oh well that's a huge bummer! Heck, I wanted to buy a Hyundai or Kia JUST for the crazy aftermarket heads & tails

Comment

Oh well that's a huge bummer! Heck, I wanted to buy a Hyundai or Kia JUST for the crazy aftermarket heads & tails
                              Haha! I now look for the OEM LED tails and headlights over other things, in a new vehicle and ppl think I'm crazy lol!

Wish I could get like a 3D printer and use that to design modifications to my headlight! (like reflector assemblies etc. and later get them chromed)

Comment

Working...
                              X