Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nissan Note + Koito BiLED + DRL + Cornering light (Full LED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Awesome

Comment

Indeed Awesome job

Comment

This is amazing.

Comment

Perfect job!

From where do You have OEM Koito?

Comment

Originally posted by maciekelga View Post
            From where do You have OEM Koito?
            i think from china
            Not usual retrofits: TLC 200, FF mk3, Avensis, Prius, Note, Note #2, Swift LED

i teach english with google translate

Comment

Originally posted by DaY View Post
              i think from china
              Koitos with EU/CH engraves are made in china (for me are slightly better than only EU option (more light on opposite lane)
              EU option has more restricted light cutoff

EU option first was made in Japan and shipped, now is produced in EUrope

JP are from Japan and Malaysia or even Philipinnes

US option is made somewhere in North America - Differ from other ones with Lens (deeper and sharper diamonds on it) and of course almost flat cutoff line

Comment

Hello - fantastic work as ever there.

Can I ask what you mean by epoxy magic? What do you use to make the 300 denier hose solid and how do you stop it from bonding to the OE reflector.

Also, what products are you using for the chemical metallisation?

Hoping to complete a bi-led fit on an old Audi A2 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MiCoHi View Post
                  Can I ask what you mean by epoxy magic? What do you use to make the 300 denier hose solid and how do you stop it from bonding to the OE reflector.

Also, what products are you using for the chemical metallisation?
                  Thanks.

So that the pantyhose would not stick, I just used a film it see on this photo

Chemical metallisation on plastic mask was made by a local firm, i don't know how do it, but price is very expensive - one standart mask for projector - $5, metallisation two hand made masks - $50.

Comment

Ahh, I see -you've used a layer of cling film shrink wrap over the lens and original reflector bowl

What epoxy product did you use to make the nylon solid? A spray on substance no doubt - may be something only available locally, as spray resin or epoxy is incredibly hard to get here.

As someone who has followed your work on here for a while, thanks for the inspiration.
                    Last edited by MiCoHi; August 3rd, 2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MiCoHi View Post
                      What epoxy product did you use to make the nylon solid?
                      It was the simplest and most inexpensive household epoxy - i just needed to make nylon hard.
                      The resulting product is thin, but enough to hold the mask on the bi-led projector

Comment

Working...
                      X